lawstudent4321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am acting as the respondent to this case arguing that there was consideration and need 5/6 cases but I only can find the Williams v Roffey case. this is the mooting case:Ms Fisher worked as a personnel manager at the Appellant’s company, South Thameside Construction Ltd for the past 10 years. On 10th January 2019, South Thameside wrote to Ms Fisher explaining that they would be contributing extra funds to her occupational pension scheme in April 2019. Their letter stated:‘In appreciation of your hard work over the last year, we have decided to make a discretionary one-off contribution to your pension plan of 15% of your current salary. The payment will take place at the end of this financial year. If you wish to accept this offer, please reply by 16th January.’Ms Fisher replied to the letter on 11th January and continued to work as normal. In February 2019, Ms Fisher received an offer of employment from another construction company, but rejected it on the basis that their pension arrangements were less beneficial than South Thameside’s.On 22 March 2019, South Thameside wrote to Ms Fisher stating that the company was facing financial difficulties and that they would not be able to make the payment.
CRAZ3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So what's the question here?
lawstudent4321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CRAZ3)
So what's the question here?
What cases can I use as a respondent in this appeal case that Ms Fisher is legally entitled to the bonus as there was consideration
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (63)
32.64%
Spring (36)
18.65%
Autumn/Fall (48)
24.87%
Winter (36)
18.65%
I love them all equally (10)
5.18%