i think my glasses prescription is wrong Watch

Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I feel like they are too strong. what are the signs that your glasses are too strong.

because my new glasses basically has no improvement to my vision maybe a tiny bit. but the strength has increased by -1.25 is it me or what.

my old glasses are 3 years old
xozxexo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just go back to the opticians and say your glasses are hurting your eyes and not not improving your vision at all.

When i put my friends glasses on who has a slightly stronger prescription than me, i feel cross eyed all most and i can feel my eyes aching or straining. I get the same thing when i accidentally put my contacts in the wrong eyes.i feel like my eyes are being pushed open as wide as they will go and everything is slightly out of focus
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sometimes there is a small change between the full correction and a slight undercorrection. Some optometrists are trying to force the 6/6 correction while there is a small difference between 6/7.5 (or even 6/9) and 6/6. What I usually do is once the patient can see 6/9 line if there is no improvement when I put -0.50 lens I consider it a full prescription and not trying to force a better visual acuity. Possibly in your case the optometrist tried to give the best possible correction.

If your prescription is too strong you may feel discomfort when reading or using a computer and prefer your old glasses at least for these activities. Sometimes you may even feel pain in your eyes.

Go back to your optician/optometrist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.27%
Unconditional if firmed (15)
7.61%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.54%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.56%

Watched Threads