the 'complicated relationship' dilemma Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I met this guy in a less than conventional way. I won’t describe it to you. Long story and such.
But ever since I met him, I’ve never felt the same about anyone else.
Everything about him seems absolutely perfect. Everything. There are signs.. songs I hear, words I see, everything seems to point towards something I’d associate with him.

Recently he met someone else. Due to the circumstances, we weren’t ever really together. I’d met other people in the past and I thought we could end it all there. But i kept feeling the way I feel now. It’s so hard to let go you know.

Anyway, he’s with her now and I’m trying my hardest to avoid contact with him. I promised her. I don’t even know the girl yet I promise such big things. I know for sure though, I’m totally in love with him, but it seems easier, less selfless, to let him go.

I’ve never felt the same and I never will. I can’t pursue him. But is it normal I’m so hung up after nearly 2 months? After pulling, as it were, over 5 guys? I seem to just get wasted out of my brains to forget the reality but not one day has gone by that I haven’t thought about him. We shared so much and it seems all of that is gone. He won’t contact me which I can understand. But it’s the hurt that suddenly I mean nothing to someone when it seemed I meant so much.

My question is; Is it ‘normal’ to see no prospect of ever moving on?
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is no 'normal' way of getting over someone. It can vary in time from person to person, situation to situation. If this guy meant a lot to you then I don't think two months is much time to forget about him. All I can say is that one day you will feel better about this and you'll probably look back and wonder why you thought about him so much. Just keep doing what you are doing, not contacting him and distracting yourself etc. It might not seem like you'll ever move on but you will eventually.
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
:ditto:. Well said randomgirl.
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It may seem like you'll never feel the same way again but...you most likely will
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by randomgirl)
There is no 'normal' way of getting over someone. It can vary in time from person to person, situation to situation. If this guy meant a lot to you then I don't think two months is much time to forget about him. All I can say is that one day you will feel better about this and you'll probably look back and wonder why you thought about him so much. Just keep doing what you are doing, not contacting him and distracting yourself etc. It might not seem like you'll ever move on but you will eventually.
thanks
It's hard to see the possibility of things getting back to normal.
I've never felt like this before and so it's always been really hard for me.
I know that even now i'm finding it hard to meet other people. I compare them to him.

It's not like i went looking for this. Not at all. We just came across each other. I wasn't like "god i really want to meet someone." or anything. In terms of physicality, i'm not self confident but a lot of guys think i'm quite attractive and he's gorgeous so it wasn't like a desperate last resort. I know it seems stupid but i think what i felt was huge. Like way bigger than i can even explain and it's just taking so long to move on.

I really just want to be able to meet someone else and put this all behind me. It's not getting any easier.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
It may seem like you'll never feel the same way again but...you most likely will
aye it does seem like that ALOT.
But i guess i really need to start looking to the future. It's just so irritating when other guys disappoint you too.
You feel like the whole male race is against you.

Sucks
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hah yeah i apologise to you all for my stupid species
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
hah yeah i apologise to you all for my stupid species
due to the circumstances, we left it both still in love with each other. But because of certain factors we allowed one another to meet other people just because it wouldn't be practical otherwise...

But argh.. i'm so not over him and he won't contact me anymore. So i don't even know how HE feels.

It's like the worst pain ever! It sucks and i've turned into one of those 'cliches' that i always moaned about. The moping soppy ***** who never get over the fact they're rejected by someone they love.

It's so much harder than i thought...
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really think you owe it to yourself to contact HIM if he won't contact you. I know he's with this other girl and you promised her, but it's less fair on you than it would be on her as you're so head-over-heels for him. If you tell him how you feel, but not in a way which would scare him (calmly, toned down and without anyone else important around, and whatever else you can think of) then it can be up to him - for all you know he's not contacting you because he still likes you. I know you feel like you have a lot, but be honest with yourself - what have you got to lose? If you find out he does like you back then you can be happier than ever before, and if you find he doesn't then that'll save you lots of future pain...if you don't ask him you'll always be wondering "what if?"...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise