Rhinoplasty done by the NHS? Watch

Tai2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just been admitted into hospital as the NHS had realised i had deviated septum. So I have had septoplasty in order to fix this, the only issue is that i have a hump on my nose which im really concerned about. I would love for it to not be there but cant pay the £7000. I have a follow up appointment in 4 weeks approx, what should i say to the doctor?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I assume that you received the septoplasty for health reasons, so are you concerned about this bump on your nose for similar reasons? If so, it is worth bringing it up. However, if it is purely for cosmetic reasons I highly doubt the NHS will fund it, unless it is causing significant psychological distress. They have information about cosmetic procedures on the NHS here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cosmet...es-on-the-nhs/
itscourtchicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The hump is a cosmetic issue (as far as I can tell), so this will most likely not be covered by NHS
itscourtchicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by itscourtchicks)
The hump is a cosmetic issue (as far as I can tell), so this will most likely not be covered by NHS
I mean, mention it to the doctor, and see what they say. But you may just end up with referrals to a private plastic surgeon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (189)
19.13%
Labour (424)
42.91%
Liberal Democrats (191)
19.33%
Green Party (53)
5.36%
Brexit Party (26)
2.63%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.4%
SNP (12)
1.21%
Plaid Cymru (10)
1.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.2%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (2)