grr men! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
please keep anon cos bf uses the site

1) ive only been with my bf for 4 months but weve become really close in that time, i think it is partly becuase we were both in long relationships before. Weve both stayed friends with our exs from the long relationships, which is not a problem. But recently his ex is obviously trying to break us up, but hasnt suceeded. (just to make it clear im blaming him for the following not her).

My bf was suppost to pick me up from work at 10, knowing he was my only was of getting home as my parents are away. But i got a phone call from him at 10:1 5 sayin he couldnt come becuase his car wouldnt start and hes really sorry, go i got a taxi home (which cost nearly all my wages!). But then i got a phone call from his ex saying can i call him becuase their out in town together and hes gone off in a mardy and she doesnt no where he is, and also his car is fine.

So i rang him and he admitted to being out in town with her and appologised lots and apparently tried to drive out to mine - being over the limit - but luckily got a flat coming out the car park. He came round to mine at 9am to appoloise and basically said he only meant to go out for a drink and didnt realise how much he had had until he tried to walk to the car. Ontop of alot of sentamental stuff which i wont go into detail with!

So basically, after alot of shouting on my behalf and appologising on his, i forgave him for now. The problem is hes going on holiday with this ex for 2 weeks on the 21st of July. Hes promised over and over again that he will sort it out but the problem is he will loose alot of money out of it and its his last family holiday before he goes to uni. I've told him if he goes its over with us becuase i cant trust him around her. This is the problem becuase i dont no if its worth sorting things out for the sake of 5 maybe 6 weeks together before he goes to uni ... ?

He also told me today he was going home to talk to his mum about the holiday to get it sorted i rang his house fone 7 hours later and he hadnt been home yet and his phone was off, i now know hes at a friends house but only becuase his ex told me that.

2) Instead of confronting things he will run away and ignore them hoping they will go away. Any tips on how to deal with this??

I've asked him to come round tomorrow night, when i intend to have a long chat with him
toothbrushes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I think that the chat is a good idea and it's great that you feel that you can talk to him about it! However, I feel that trust is very important in a relationship...
cadaeibfeceh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

1) ive only been with my bf for 4 months but weve become really close in that time, i think it is partly becuase we were both in long relationships before. Weve both stayed friends with our exs from the long relationships, which is not a problem. But recently his ex is obviously trying to break us up, but hasnt suceeded. (just to make it clear im blaming him for the following not her).

My bf was suppost to pick me up from work at 10, knowing he was my only was of getting home as my parents are away. But i got a phone call from him at 10:1 5 sayin he couldnt come becuase his car wouldnt start and hes really sorry, go i got a taxi home (which cost nearly all my wages!). But then i got a phone call from his ex saying can i call him becuase their out in town together and hes gone off in a mardy and she doesnt no where he is, and also his car is fine.

So i rang him and he admitted to being out in town with her and appologised lots and apparently tried to drive out to mine - being over the limit - but luckily got a flat coming out the car park. He came round to mine at 9am to appoloise and basically said he only meant to go out for a drink and didnt realise how much he had had until he tried to walk to the car. Ontop of alot of sentamental stuff which i wont go into detail with!

So basically, after alot of shouting on my behalf and appologising on his, i forgave him for now. The problem is hes going on holiday with this ex for 2 weeks on the 21st of July. Hes promised over and over again that he will sort it out but the problem is he will loose alot of money out of it and its his last family holiday before he goes to uni. I've told him if he goes its over with us becuase i cant trust him around her. This is the problem becuase i dont no if its worth sorting things out for the sake of 5 maybe 6 weeks together before he goes to uni ... ?

He also told me today he was going home to talk to his mum about the holiday to get it sorted i rang his house fone 7 hours later and he hadnt been home yet and his phone was off, i now know hes at a friends house but only becuase his ex told me that.

2) Instead of confronting things he will run away and ignore them hoping they will go away. Any tips on how to deal with this??

I've asked him to come round tomorrow night, when i intend to have a long chat with him
How did the chat go?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
After a loonggg chat, he admitted he did run away from things and hes gna try and talk 2 me about it rather than run away from it (dont no how thats gna go!)
but now he might b taking a year out and goin 2 uni in 09 as hes just got offered a promotion.
Im just going to wait to find out wts goin on with their holiday and then decide wt 2 do next.
goin out with some girlfriends 2mra nyt 2 gt my mind off it!
Erradhadh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This looks like it's not going anywhere, if that's what you're looking for.

However, if you want to have some fun, continue by all means.
khsncab
Report 10 years ago
he has screwed you over too many times....drop him......
(-1)^(1/2)
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Surely you mean 'grr man!'.
mushoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go find him to chat!! but i dont think hes worth it, a guy who lies to you is terrible. its good you went ape ******* when he lied to you.
get rid of him!!
mc_hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What I find funny on this forum is when people's first reaction is to dump the bf/ gf. That's a bit over the top, for one you've only heard one side of the story and also why not work through the problems?
I'm not saying what he did was right, I just think people should stop suggesting dumping their partners. If it was that clear cut then they would have done it themselves already.
khsncab
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mc_hamster)
What I find funny on this forum is when people's first reaction is to dump the bf/ gf. That's a bit over the top, for one you've only heard one side of the story and also why not work through the problems?
I'm not saying what he did was right, I just think people should stop suggesting dumping their partners. If it was that clear cut then they would have done it themselves already.

of course it not that clear cut...bt that why some ppl have problems with their mates....they try to hold on to something that isn't there....not saying that this is the case.....i can see if they were married..she still has time to find something else..and of course we don't know the whole story...and we never will (unless you ask the bf)...so you can only comment on what SHE says???? right?? alright then.
And it wasn't my first reaction...it was to analyze...wym.:rolleyes:
skinnyblackjeans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

After reading this - many things got me seriously worried like;

1. why does his ex have your number?
2.why did he lie about his car?
3.why didn't he just say he was with her?
4. what is so hard in tell your ex they cant go on holiday?

It sounds to dodgy to be right. I mean who still meets up with their ex like that -AND LIES ABOUT IT?
He KNEW he had to pick you up and didn't cause he was too busy getting drunk to think or eve text you BEFORE you finished work to let you know. I mean you would have thought that uf you had a free house he would have wnated to come back to yours? if you know what I mean...so thats wierd in itself.

He's not a man, he's a boy. If he cares about you the way he's says he does why is he putting HER ABOVE YOU! Which is true isn'it? If he cared about your feelings he would say sormthing to her. tell her not to go on holiday (i asume his ex is going on his family holiday??)

sounds very dodgy!!!

SBJ xx
graemematt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry OP but your boyfriend is cheating on you with that ex. Why else would he hide the fact he was with his ex that day?
skinnyblackjeans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by graemematt)
Sorry OP but your boyfriend is cheating on you with that ex. Why else would he hide the fact he was with his ex that day?
:yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads