what are my chances to get an offer at KPMG? Watch

EURUSD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just sent in the online application, and confirmed my grades for KPMG, having applied for an audit/aca position, so I'm now waiting for the online tests. I made one spelling error during the online application, but i still got an email, where they asked me to confirm my grades.

So what are the chances that i get an offer if i:

1 quite good grades from a swedish university
2 I always make a good impression on people
3 My talents, reading and logical thinking, i would guess would be on par with most other students, so nothing special....

Im especially worried about the online tests. I read somewhere that about 1 in 4 who meet the qualifications get an offer. Will i be the one?
warblade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I guess that you will still have to go through the interview stage and there's where they will make the selection.
I wouldn't worry too much about the spelling mistake, however that can be a deciding factor between you and someone else but hopefully you've got something else that tops it up.

Good luck whatever may happen though.
EURUSD
Rep:
?
ok, but I've heard it is quite easy get an offer, but still, one in 4 doesnt sound that easy...
JamieP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
1 in 4 sounds very high. I'd suggest it's more like 1 in 8-10 depending on the office and the service line you've chosen.

As long as you have a 2:1 or equivalent your actual grades from university won't come into it. You need to make sure you pass the online tests and then have a couple of good examples ready for each competency that they'll ask you about (you can find a list of competencies on their website), and make sure that you know the company/industry. Other than that making a good impression on the interviewer and being well spoken and smart are important factors (clients need to be able to trust you and your advice/skills). If you get through to the assessment centre the partner interview is the single most important thing you'll do, make a good impression on them and you'll more than likely get an offer provided you don't completely mess up the other tests.
EURUSD
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamieP)
1 in 4 sounds very high. I'd suggest it's more like 1 in 8-10 depending on the office and the service line you've chosen.

As long as you have a 2:1 or equivalent your actual grades from university won't come into it. You need to make sure you pass the online tests and then have a couple of good examples ready for each competency that they'll ask you about (you can find a list of competencies on their website), and make sure that you know the company/industry. Other than that making a good impression on the interviewer and being well spoken and smart are important factors (clients need to be able to trust you and your advice/skills). If you get through to the assessment centre the partner interview is the single most important thing you'll do, make a good impression on them and you'll more than likely get an offer provided you don't completely mess up the other tests.

I read somewhere on this forum that only 1 in 10 get an offer, but of those who meet the requirements, 1 in 4 get an offer. So many people apply, even though, they don't meet the grade requirements for instance.

Yes,I will be able to answer all the questions, since you can prepare for that, and make a good impression,(good at building personal chemistry with people).

The only thing are the numerical and verbal tests. I'm not sure about them.
blowfish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EURUSD)
I read somewhere on this forum that only 1 in 10 get an offer, but of those who meet the requirements, 1 in 4 get an offer. So many people apply, even though, they don't meet the grade requirements for instance.

Yes,I will be able to answer all the questions, since you can prepare for that, and make a good impression,(good at building personal chemistry with people).

The only thing are the numerical and verbal tests. I'm not sure about them.
Having been through the application process myself, I would say that the online tests were the hardest parts. The e-tray was quite fun in the end (and relatively easy) and the interviews were probably the easiest parts for myself. The key to the interviews is to look at it from the interviewer's perspective. All they really care about is whether they would like to work with you or not, as this will form the main basis of their impression of you. Don't be overly serious (be yourself), and try and establish a friendly atmosphere with them. This is what they'll remember when they make their decision in the hours or days after the actual interview.

You should be able to know whether you will get through just from the interviewer's attitude towards you.
EURUSD
Rep:
?
(Original post by blowfish)
Having been through the application process myself, I would say that the online tests were the hardest parts. The e-tray was quite fun in the end (and relatively easy) and the interviews were probably the easiest parts for myself. The key to the interviews is to look at it from the interviewer's perspective. All they really care about is whether they would like to work with you or not, as this will form the main basis of their impression of you. Don't be overly serious (be yourself), and try and establish a friendly atmosphere with them. This is what they'll remember when they make their decision in the hours or days after the actual interview.

You should be able to know whether you will get through just from the interviewer's attitude towards you.

Yeah, im not worried at all about the interview, i know i will fare quite well, but still, my performance must exceed the other applicant's....any ways to prepare for the online tests by the way? Is it possible to cheat on it, by telling a friend who is really smart, to do it, or do you do the online tests at their place?
AlanShore
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As far as I can tell its quite easy, alot of people on my course (just finished) got jobs at KPMG (even some who seem quite dumb). Besides its entirely possible that you might just not be the 'type of person' they look for. In that case try one of the other three (E&Y, Deliotte, PWC) - you are sure to have success with one
blowfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EURUSD)
Yeah, im not worried at all about the interview, i know i will fare quite well, but still, my performance must exceed the other applicant's....any ways to prepare for the online tests by the way? Is it possible to cheat on it, by telling a friend who is really smart, to do it, or do you do the online tests at their place?
I believe KPMG operate on a first come first serve basis. If you meet the criteria and you're what they're looking for then you're in. So although you should be good - you don't necessarily have to be 'better' than others.

There are some practice tests online. Google those. In terms of 'cheating', I'm not sure. I suppose you could get a friend to do it for you online but when you attend the assessment day, you will definitely have to redo it. For internship, you might not. Don't hold me on this though. To be honest, I would just do it yourself. You only need about 40% to pass I think. I don't know if the gains outweigh the risks, but I'm sure some people must do it...
adamstartin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Apparetly roughly 1/4 at the assessment day get offered positions, but anyone who meets the minimum key competency levels (minimum 3/5 for all but one) will be offered a place if they have places available, i think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads