If a Fail a level 3 btec business unit, do i fail the whole course? Watch

RiN_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If i fail a unit in Level 3 BTEC Business do i fail the entire course or can i still pass?

Basically what happened is throughout my business coursework there have been a series of issues. Mainly caused by me disliking the subject so much. Tonight is the final straw! Flash drive is completely broken with all my updated work on it. It must be handed in tomorrow but I literally can’t.

If you can help or know what to do please reply ASAP. Thank you

~Rin
anonymous230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did a btec levl 3 extended diploma course which had 18 units in it and failing one of those units resulted in failing the entire course but only a few people got to that point, i assume ur doing one with like 6 units in it or something idek but im sure ur teachers wont allow it to get to the point where ull end up failing the entire thing?
RiN_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yes but today is the final deadline. And i cant even hand in the work that ive got. I dont know what to do. Can i even go into further education with only two qualifications instead of three
anonymous230
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RiN_)
Yes but today is the final deadline. And i cant even hand in the work that ive got. I dont know what to do. Can i even go into further education with only two qualifications instead of three
this isnt the end to everything, yes most universities and some higher apprenticeships require 3 A levels or equivalent, first of all go in to see what can be done show them everything that happened ie broken usb or whatever, and if worse comes to worse and you will leave school with 2 A levels/equivalents only then one advice i can give you is to self study an a level during a gap year then apply at the end of the gap year, you will then have 3 qualifications, you may be able to take a foundation year at some unis with only 2 too i think

idk how much work u have to hand in but my best advice is to go in and see what will happen, then send a message here and ill try to further advise you but you dont have to worry about not going to university as you can do A levels outside of school, despite it not being ideal, and there are also other options to get into university
Hassara otsusuki
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by RiN_)
If i fail a unit in Level 3 BTEC Business do i fail the entire course or can i still pass?

Basically what happened is throughout my business coursework there have been a series of issues. Mainly caused by me disliking the subject so much. Tonight is the final straw! Flash drive is completely broken with all my updated work on it. It must be handed in tomorrow but I literally can’t.

If you can help or know what to do please reply ASAP. Thank you

~Rin
which unit was that and are you in year 12 or 13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)