Do Currys/PC World offer work experience? Watch

CRAZ3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm a year 10 who is starting to think about work experience. I have thought a bit, and Currys seems like a good option for me. I enjoy working with tech, and I also enjoy helping people sort out issues and things like that.So, does Currys offer work experience, and if so how would I go about contacting them or asking about it?Also, if not, does anyone have any other suggestions for places I could go? Thanks in advance to all the replies!
Harryboii
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CRAZ3)
Hi, I'm a year 10 who is starting to think about work experience. I have thought a bit, and Currys seems like a good option for me. I enjoy working with tech, and I also enjoy helping people sort out issues and things like that.So, does Currys offer work experience, and if so how would I go about contacting them or asking about it?Also, if not, does anyone have any other suggestions for places I could go? Thanks in advance to all the replies!

Hi, as far as I am aware they don’t offer work experience, but it might be worth going into your local store and asking.
CRAZ3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Harryboii)
Hi, as far as I am aware they don’t offer work experience, but it might be worth going into your local store and asking.
OK thanks
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CRAZ3)
It's not strictly what you're looking for, but if you have a local Silver Surfers try volunteering there? It's basically helping the elderly learn to use technology.

Other than that, look at projects you can do in your own time to build experience. You don't necessarily need work experience to develop skills. Whatever it is about tech that interests you, find something you can do. It could be programming, or building networks, or blogging, or whatever.
CRAZ3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
It's not strictly what you're looking for, but if you have a local Silver Surfers try volunteering there? It's basically helping the elderly learn to use technology.

Other than that, look at projects you can do in your own time to build experience. You don't necessarily need work experience to develop skills. Whatever it is about tech that interests you, find something you can do. It could be programming, or building networks, or blogging, or whatever.
Well, while this is partly to develop myself, I also do just need to do something for school, and I don't wanna end up stacking shelves like other people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (87)
18.55%
Labour (198)
42.22%
Liberal Democrats (95)
20.26%
Green Party (33)
7.04%
Brexit Party (15)
3.2%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.28%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.07%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)