Anyone know the futureworks grading system? Watch

bryxny
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm studying game art (still in my first year) and I've been staying off on fridays because I have a module that my anxiety can't handle but I'm stressing even more because I don't want it to effect my overall grade. Can attendance effect my grade? Does year 1 contribute to the final degree?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by bryxny)
I'm studying game art (still in my first year) and I've been staying off on fridays because I have a module that my anxiety can't handle but I'm stressing even more because I don't want it to effect my overall grade. Can attendance effect my grade? Does year 1 contribute to the final degree?
Attendance won't necessarily affect your marks, but could affect your amount of 'engagement' with your course - universities are starting to crack down on people who don't show up to multiple sessions. Your lecturer/personal tutor may start to get concerned (particularly if it's only that module that you avoid), so I think you need to bite the bullet and set up a meeting to discuss your difficulties.

First year doesn't generally count towards your final degree classification, but you'll need to check this in your university's regulations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (105)
66.88%
No (52)
33.12%

Watched Threads