Lump on back of neck - Should I call 111? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, on Monday I noticed a lump appear around the back of my neck and I think it may be a lymph node. It seems to have got a bit bigger since then and is hard and painless. I'm wondering if I should leave it for a week and see if it's still there, or call 111 to ask them what they think?

I know it's probably nothing but about a year and a half ago I had a similar experience that resulted in me being a bit ill after with abnormal bloods. I'm concerned because this time I'm not feeling ill at all and the lump (which I assume is a lymph node) is painless.

Any tips?
1st superstar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello, on Monday I noticed a lump appear around the back of my neck and I think it may be a lymph node. It seems to have got a bit bigger since then and is hard and painless. I'm wondering if I should leave it for a week and see if it's still there, or call 111 to ask them what they think?

I know it's probably nothing but about a year and a half ago I had a similar experience that resulted in me being a bit ill after with abnormal bloods. I'm concerned because this time I'm not feeling ill at all and the lump (which I assume is a lymph node) is painless.

Any tips?
call 111 so that they can check it to see if it's normal, better to do that than to leave it and then it becomes worst so yeah CALL 111
IpsaLoquitur
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Definitely get it checked by a GP. It sounds like a cyst, and they can go septic sometimes if you don’t get it drained or get put on antibiotics (speaking from unfortunate experience).
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Might as well just see your GP, 111 won't be able to tell you much without actually looking at at.
sedentary
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
sounds like it's probably just a swollen lymph node but definitely get it checked out just in case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (36)
18.37%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.14%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.02%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.55%
No unconditional offers (139)
70.92%

Watched Threads