Thepizzawaffle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I was just wondering what are the best unis for undergraduate 2D animation in the UK. I’m looking at Edinburgh, UCA Farnham, De Montfort, Hertfordshire and Teesside Middleborough
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello Thepizzawaffle

I would say that Herts is certainly one of the best Universities in the UK for animation. In fact, industry group/directory The Rookies ranks our animation course as the 7th best in the world! We are the only UK University to make the Global Top 10 best schools for Animation, and one of only 4 European schools to make the Top 10.

Every year our students produce outstanding work, some of which can be viewed here. Our course is ScreenSkills accredited which ensures that your degree remains relevant to industry. You will also have the opportunity to carry out an optional work placement as part of this course too! Our University also has great employability ratings, with over 96% of our graduates in work or further study within 6 months of graduation.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course, University or Portfolio requirements - I'll be happy to help

(Original post by Thepizzawaffle)
Hi I was just wondering what are the best unis for undergraduate 2D animation in the UK. I’m looking at Edinburgh, UCA Farnham, De Montfort, Hertfordshire and Teesside Middleborough
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Thepizzawaffle!

We're so glad to hear you're considering us for Animation! De Montfort University is an amazing place to study this course.

A great advantage of attending DMU is our DMUGlobal initiative. DMU offers trips and studies abroad with a bursary included for every single student. These can be course-led or university-wide trips, so can benefit your studies and also gain some amazing life experiences. As a third-year film studies student, I have been to the Berlin International Film Festival, the Cannes Film Festival and am due to go to Hollywood in April. Here are the details of some of the other trips on offer: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/current-studen...mu-global.aspx

Also, one of our Animation alumni is Gareth Harbuz who has gone on to work on The Dark Knight Rises and Captain America: The First Avenger, just to name a few projects!

For animation, we have state-of-the-art facilities in our Vijay Patel building so you will have a comfortable learning and workshop environment. You can take a 3D tour of our facilities through the link below, and come to one of our open days! We have some on the 9th November, 7th December and the 11th January.

https://www.revolutionviewing.co.uk/...meCleared=true

Let me know if you have any questions regarding DMU, the student experience, or anything else you can think of.

- Niamh
Last edited by De Montfort University; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)