TSR Poll of Polls Week 2: Five Thursdays until the Election - what's your vote? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (246)
20.72%
Labour (460)
38.75%
Liberal Democrats (210)
17.69%
Green Party (75)
6.32%
Brexit Party (48)
4.04%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (5)
0.42%
SNP (16)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.51%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (2)
0.17%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.59%
SDLP (1)
0.08%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.08%
UKIP (18)
1.52%
Other (13)
1.1%
None (79)
6.66%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Welcome to our second poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

It's been great seeing the responses in our first poll, and the conversation surrounding it. Today's a notable election campaign day - it's five Thursdays until the election, the Labour deputy leader Tom Watson has resigned and the Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru have made an election pact. Has any of this news had any affect on your voting preferences?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst jenhasdreams will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

News came out today that students are also looking at voting more tactically on Brexit issues in the GE. Is this something that is important to you when thinking about who to vote for?

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
dxvid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Voting for my current Tory MP due to good rapport (and because I'm a cardholder)
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Chose Lib Dem in this poll, but have just now learned that I'm in a Remain Alliance seat, with the Lib Dems and Greens standing aside for Plaid Cymru. Pains me to vote for a nationalist party, but they're bound to win here anyway, have done for the past three decades.
Neilos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
None of them actually appeal to me. I'm generally middle-of-the-road, indifferent to Brexit (just want it over, though I have special dislike for a lot of the debate around it), don't go in for left- or right-wing stuff. I don't think any of them suit me.

So, I'll be a reluctant Conservative this time. I believe they're the only party who'll actually get Brexit over and out of my life within the next two years, I trust them more with economic issues, and the idea of Corbyn and friends in power is probably the most frightening thing I've experienced since I got chased by a large, child-eating dog when I was seven.
Last edited by Neilos; 5 days ago
JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Labour. Tom Watson resigning has had to impact on my voting intentions. Labour is the only party which has serious solutions to inequality (wealth and regional), good policies on the environmental (Green Industrial Revolution), and for students (scrapping tuition fees). They are also the best party to vote for tactically if you want a People’s Vote in most parts of the country.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Conservative. I don't want Corbyn, McDonnell et al running this country.
Last edited by meenu89; 4 days ago
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Name:  30e41980918a839c4f6142cc4134c6f1.png
Views: 10
Size:  286.8 KB
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Welcome to our second poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

It's been great seeing the responses in our first poll, and the conversation surrounding it. Today's a notable election campaign day - it's five Thursdays until the election, the Labour deputy leader Tom Watson has resigned and the Lib Dems, Greens and Plaid Cymru have made an election pact. Has any of this news had any affect on your voting preferences?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst jenhasdreams will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

News came out today that students are also looking at voting more tactically on Brexit issues in the GE. Is this something that is important to you when thinking about who to vote for?

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
as long as no one picks UKIP... we're good!!
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
UKIP are irrelevant now, they've basically been replaced by the Brexit Party.
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Too bad, 2 people have selected it.

But on another matter, seriously who the hell is voting Change UK, what is wrong with you?
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This poll seems to be being created ad nauseum now...
SlasherHacks13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Welllll... like I said, I live in Asia.
(You know, Japan)
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Does the agreement between the Greens, Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems make a difference to anyone. It does not in my constituency but next door in Finchley and Golders Green there will be no Green candidate.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
NOTA
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Does the agreement between the Greens, Plaid Cymru and the Lib Dems make a difference to anyone. It does not in my constituency but next door in Finchley and Golders Green there will be no Green candidate.
:ottid:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Chose Lib Dem in this poll, but have just now learned that I'm in a Remain Alliance seat, with the Lib Dems and Greens standing aside for Plaid Cymru. Pains me to vote for a nationalist party, but they're bound to win here anyway, have done for the past three decades.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
This poll seems to be being created ad nauseum now...
Happening every Thursday
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Labour of course. I'd consider tactical voting to keep the tories out if I lived in scotland and there was an alternative to labour (i.e. the SNP) but here in england there really isn't (don't @ me fans of Jo Swinson, leader of the Diet Tories)
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Tory. The incumbent (assuming he stands) will batter everybody anyway.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Reue)
Name:  30e41980918a839c4f6142cc4134c6f1.png
Views: 10
Size:  286.8 KB
Ah, so getting the value of money you've put into a system is using other people's money, but when deregulation causes a financial crisis and there's a government tax bailout due to volatile actions of the free market there's nothing wrong with that?
It's not other people's money the point is you pay into a system which regulates what you get back out to reduce inequality you reap the benefits of what you pay in. Once that goes we essentially get another financial crisis and then we use other people's money tax to bail the banks out. I'd much rather have a system where tax is paid in and spending is used on things which are beneficial to everyone than a system that focuses purely on short term monetarism.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'll be voting Tory, the thought of Corbyn being Prime Minister is pretty horrid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (237)
53.86%
18-20 years old (no) (56)
12.73%
20-25 years old (yes) (72)
16.36%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.05%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.45%