Train service disruptions /Engineering work of concern to UH students Watch

UnclePete
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Please note that there will be continuation of the considerable engineering/upgrading work taking place from 14th Dec 2019 until summer 2020 on the East Coast Main Line that serves Hatfield from London King`s Cross, and also the Northern City Line from London Finsbury Park to London Moorgate.

Briefly:
Services through to Moorgate will be diverted into King`s Cross after 21.40 hrs. and most weekends :
Some services will be cancelled due to reduced capacity :

On the weekend of 25-26th Jan and 29th Feb-01st March 2020 no trains at all to/ from Hatfield.

For local services including Moorgate go to www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/northern-city-line

For East Coast Main Line ( this includes Hatfield) go to www.eastcoastupgrade.co.uk

For Hertfordshire travel including buses go to www.intalink.org.uk

See also my previous posts.

Finally: From personal experience I am aware how inconvenient all this can be, but the hard fact is on today`s busy railway working at full capacity there is never a right time to pencil all the work in, just the least wrong one. Months and months of planning go into scheduling this work, I know so from my inside contacts, and by doing it as above has been assessed as having the least impact over a relatively minimum period of time. A lot of the lineside kit, in particular the Drayton Park - Moorgate section is coming to the end of its life and doing nothing is not an option.

More details to follow nearer the time.

Source of info: Hatfield Association of Rail Travellers ( HART).
Last edited by UnclePete; 1 day ago
Herts UG Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by UnclePete)
Please note that there will be continuation of the considerable engineering/upgrading work taking place from 14th Dec 2019 until summer 2020 on the East Coast Main Line that serves Hatfield from London King`s Cross, and also the Northern City Line from London Finsbury Park to London Moorgate.

Briefly:
Services through to Moorgate will be diverted into King`s Cross after 21.40 hrs. and most weekends :
Some services will be cancelled due to reduced capacity :

On the weekend of 25-26th Jan and 29th Feb-01st March 2020 no trains at all to/ from Hatfield.

For local services in cluding Moorgate go to www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/northern-city-line

For East Coast Main Line ( this includes Hatfield) go to www.eastcoastupgrade.co.uk

For Hertfordshire travel including buses go to www.intalink.org.uk

See also my previous posts.

Finally: From personal experience I am aware how inconvenient all this can be, but the hard fact is on today`s busy railway working at full capacity there is never a right time to pencil all this work in, just the least wrong one. Months and months of planning go into scheduling this work, I know this from my inside contacts, and by doing it as above has been assessed as having the least impact over a relatively minimum period of time. A lot of the lineside kit, in particular the Drayton Park - Moorgate section is coming to the end of its life and doing nothing is not an option.

More details to follow nearer the time.

Source of info: Hatfield Association of Rail Travellers ( HART).
Thanks for the info Pete, that's super useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

Are you registered to vote?