The Student Room Group
No thoughts. as this topic was done yesterday,
I think this will probably be a thread about how everyone agrees with you.

But I agree.
Reply 3
Bear_Grylls
No thoughts. as this topic was done yesterday,

My ignorance isn't that obsessive
Reply 4
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Somewhat interesting is the fact that at their extremes it seems you'd be unable to tell them apart. If someone was infinitely intelligent, they would deduce all knowledge from a single observation, and if someone was infinitely knowledgable, they would appear to be able to solve any problem, even if they couldn't.
Reply 6
Koconut
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

True. But what about intelligence?
Reply 7
DoMakeSayThink
Somewhat interesting is the fact that at their extremes it seems you'd be unable to tell them apart. If someone was infinitely intelligent, they would deduce all knowledge from a single observation, and if someone was infinitely knowledgable, they would appear to be able to solve any problem, even if they couldn't.

Think reality. Not on paper as these extremes will never exist.
Can I ask how you decided on the precise percentages?
Steven666

Alternatively, I'll think about whatever I please.
ive always said im more intellegent than my knowledge would lead you to believe. not that i like to big up myself :wink:

theres also a lot to be said for common sense and real world experience.
Reply 11
Steven666

It's a form of reasoning known as reductio ad absurdum, and serves rather well to illustrate the futility of this discussion (and the dichotomy you posit).
Reply 12
Profesh
It's a form of reasoning known as reductio ad absurdum, and serves rather well to illustrate the futility of this discussion (and the dichotomy you posit).

The real world is a big scary place. Enjoy it one day.
Reply 13
Crosseyed And Painless
Can I ask how you decided on the precise percentages?

For me knowing things is almost pointless when you just work it out and maybe improve it. Pointless rounded up, IMO = 1%.
Knowledge Is knowing that a rhino charge is deadly.

Intelligence is moving out of the way.
Shoulders, Giants?

Latest

Trending

Trending