Poll: What will be the best option for me ?
Teesside University (0)
0%
University of South Wales (0)
0%
Anglia Ruskin University (4)
100%
Omarasimd005
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello to all of you,

I require an advice from you people, I have applied to some universities in UK but like the top 3 which I have chosen are Anglia Ruskin, University of South Wales & Teesside University.

I'm confident that i'll be getting an unconditional offer from all of them but can you advice which would be a good choice ?

I have applied for BSc ( Computer Sciences ).

Although I was thinking to join Teesside first but still confused.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Omarasimd005)
Hello to all of you,

I require an advice from you people, I have applied to some universities in UK but like the top 3 which I have chosen are Anglia Ruskin, University of South Wales & Teesside University.

I'm confident that i'll be getting an unconditional offer from all of them but can you advice which would be a good choice ?

Why are they your top 3?
Go to the open day.

They seem like an odd set.
Have you done pros and cons analysis?
lia_r18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How are you confident that you will get an unconditional at all of them? Have you already got your qualifications?
dj_ad_1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello to all of you,

It kinda depends where ur from and if ur planning to live out.
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why are they your top 3?
Go to the open day.

They seem like an odd set.
Have you done pros and cons analysis?
I'm an international student and would be moving from Dubai

Actually not the top 3 but like I have just picked them from all of the choices, I was more into going USW and I was keeping Teesside as an alternative, however I have few family members staying in Middlesbourgh so it was a convinent option for me.

Although I'm sure from all these 3 best option for me would be Anglia Ruskin, I did tried the unistats tool available over ucas.com and it seems like all of these three are similar to each other, there is not a big difference.
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
(Original post by lia_r18)
How are you confident that you will get an unconditional at all of them? Have you already got your qualifications?
Hi lia,

I have completed my IGCSE & A Levels in 2018 and have received the certificates, currently I'm a student of BSc Computer Science at a university over here in my current location ( Dubai, UAE ) however I'm from Pakistan. I'll be moving to these universities as a transfer student.

I'll be judged over my GPA of last 10 courses taken in university, I'm confident enough by the time I join any of them in September I'll be having the GPA required, currently it is 2.8 out of 4, I may reach 3 but the time.

I feel Anglia Ruskin won't take for year 2 for some reason however they would send me an offer for year 1, I actually have hope with USW & Teesside.

I did applied to Birmingham City University & Oxford Brookes University but they were judging me over my A Level grades which were slightly low due to which they wanted me to start over again so I haven't replied to them yet about it.

I did applied earlier also in 2017 and got accepted by three of them but due to some family issues I couldn't join any of them, I hope so to do it for the upcoming batch.

What do you think ?
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
It kinda depends where ur from and if ur planning to live out.
Hi,

I'm from Pakistan originally but I stay in Dubai, UAE.

I do feel like Teesside has a slightly lower ranking then my other options, would you give an advice ?
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

I'm from Pakistan originally but I stay in Dubai, UAE.

I do feel like Teesside has a slightly lower ranking then my other options, would you give an advice ?
to be honest its upto u like the uni rankings for me dont really matter personally as long as the campus is good and they make me feel welcome id go to that uni even if the ranking was lower than others. But i still think its a good idea u research more into the uni life for all ur choices as u dont wanna be regretting it in the first year.
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
to be honest its upto u like the uni rankings for me dont really matter personally as long as the campus is good and they make me feel welcome id go to that uni even if the ranking was lower than others. But i still think its a good idea u research more into the uni life for all ur choices as u dont wanna be regretting it in the first year.
Thank you bro for the advice I really don't wanna mess up the first year, actually second as I feel they would be accepting me for the second year as I have applied as a transfer student, any idea which campus is better ?

I do feel USW has much bigger campus
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you bro for the advice I really don't wanna mess up the first year, actually second as I feel they would be accepting me for the second year as I have applied as a transfer student, any idea which campus is better ?

I do feel USW has much bigger campus
bro im acc in a similar situation than u ive applied to 5 and ive already got 2 unconditional offers already from the unis i dont really wanna go but like after the new year im planning to do more research into the unis that have given me offers which hopefully would be all and then ill do my firm and insurance. Id say maybe call the uni and ask them if you could speak to students doing your course as they would have a better idea than me lol.
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
bro im acc in a similar situation than u ive applied to 5 and ive already got 2 unconditional offers already from the unis i dont really wanna go but like after the new year im planning to do more research into the unis that have given me offers which hopefully would be all and then ill do my firm and insurance. Id say maybe call the uni and ask them if you could speak to students doing your course as they would have a better idea than me lol.
Best of luck bro I assume we both are on the same boat then :P

Which universities have you chosen ?

I might choose in between USW or Teesside. I have applied directly to universities and haven't used UCAS because they asked me to do directly instead of UCAS as I was doing it as a transfer student.
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best of luck bro I assume we both are on the same boat then :P

Which universities have you chosen ?

I might choose in between USW or Teesside. I have applied directly to universities and haven't used UCAS because they asked me to do directly instead of UCAS as I was doing it as a transfer student.
I chose middlesex, queen mary, hertfordshire, uwe and london met
ohh ok good luck still
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
I'm an international student and would be moving from Dubai

Actually not the top 3 but like I have just picked them from all of the choices, I was more into going USW and I was keeping Teesside as an alternative, however I have few family members staying in Middlesbourgh so it was a convinent option for me.

Although I'm sure from all these 3 best option for me would be Anglia Ruskin, I did tried the unistats tool available over ucas.com and it seems like all of these three are similar to each other, there is not a big difference.
HJave you done any research on them? I would consider getting better A levels to give me more options.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello to all of you,

Hi there!
Thanks for choosing ARU as one of your options.

If there's anything you'd like to know about Computer Science at ARU just ask I'm happy to help. The degree is based on our Cambridge campus which is surrounded by tech startups and much larger international tech businesses like ARM, Sony, Amazon & Microsoft. It provides a lot of opportunity for students and our on-campus employment bureau is there to help you perfect your CV and interview technique as well as assist in your job hunt - they have lots of connections with local businesses. They will provide assistance in securing you a really outstanding placement year too, if you opt to do this.

In terms of the course content you can find everything you need on the website - but I suspect you've looked at all of that already! We have an open day this weekend and in a couple of weeks (9 Nov & 24 Nov) if you wish to sign up and come along to meet existing students and lecturers. We'll also create a Facebook Group prior to your start date where you can get to know people before you arrive.

Good luck with your university journey and remember to keep calm & enjoy every step!

Megan
#TeamARU
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
HJave you done any research on them? I would consider getting better A levels to give me more options.
I'm researching on these universities since March, I have other options too although I haven't submitted an application till yet on them, those are Bedforshire and UWE Bristol.
Omarasimd005
Rep:
?
(Original post by ARUOfficial)
Hi there!
Thanks for choosing ARU as one of your options.

If there's anything you'd like to know about Computer Science at ARU just ask I'm happy to help. The degree is based on our Cambridge campus which is surrounded by tech startups and much larger international tech businesses like ARM, Sony, Amazon & Microsoft. It provides a lot of opportunity for students and our on-campus employment bureau is there to help you perfect your CV and interview technique as well as assist in your job hunt - they have lots of connections with local businesses. They will provide assistance in securing you a really outstanding placement year too, if you opt to do this.

In terms of the course content you can find everything you need on the website - but I suspect you've looked at all of that already! We have an open day this weekend and in a couple of weeks (9 Nov & 24 Nov) if you wish to sign up and come along to meet existing students and lecturers. We'll also create a Facebook Group prior to your start date where you can get to know people before you arrive.

Good luck with your university journey and remember to keep calm & enjoy every step!

Megan
#TeamARU
Hi Team,

Thank you for your response

I hope to see you guys in 2020, it would be a pleasure for me to join ARU however I'm still confused if whether ARU would accept me for year 2, however I did applied for the same course last year and got an unconditional offer for year 1 but due to some family issue I couldn't join ARU.

I would love to join one of your open days but as I'm an international student and live outside EU, it would be very hard for me to do so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)