The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
jamesjenkinsy
The question isn't really, should women earn as much as men.

The question is, is their economic worth lower because of the possiblity of maturnity leave. The answer to that is probably, productivity wise.

The solution: give men and women the same amount of leave.

That perhaps is the most sensible suggestion I've heard... I like it. :biggrin:
Bornstubborn
I can't walk right now (got a health problem), so i have to make entertainment for myself.

I am not sure if i would be bothered if women earned more than men, as long as i got what i wanted, should i care about other men who make less. Not sure.

Ha, so we are making excuses are we? If you as smart as you seem to be claiming to be, I am sure you could find other entertainment as opposed making a prat out of yourself.

We both know that by widening the marketplace that it is less likely you are going to get what you want? Is that your underlying fear?
jamesjenkinsy
The question isn't really, should women earn as much as men.

The question is, is their economic worth lower because of the possiblity of maturnity leave. The answer to that is probably, productivity wise.

Not quite, companies know that men are less likely to take it. So you would be back to square one.
Reply 363
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Ha, so we are making excuses are we? If you as smart as you seem to be claiming to be, I am sure you could find other entertainment as opposed making a prat out of yourself.

We both know that by widening the marketplace that it is less likely you are going to get what you want? Is that your underlying fear?

Who is making a prat out of themself? you can argue i am wrong or that i am right. I have some fun with you ladies you get angry, but it doesn't effect me.

Yes ofcourse if there is more graduates it would make me less competitive. That is why i chose one of the best uni's in the country to go to and a course that is under subscribed and a job market with a shortage.
I am thinking about perhaps doing one year of law afterwards and become a technical lawyer (big money) or doing an MBA (once again big money). I am a very calculated man.
Bornstubborn
Who is making a prat out of themself? you can argue i am wrong or that i am right. I have some fun with you ladies you get angry, but it doesn't effect me.

I have a penis silly, but do carry on...

Btw, you are such an amazing flirt :rolleyes:

Yes ofcourse if there is more graduates it would make me less competitive. That is why i chose one of the best uni's in the country to go to and a course that is under subscribed and a job market with a shortage. I am a very calculated man.

Aha. Or afraid of your own mediocrity, so strive to avoid any kind of competition? Btw, industries come and go, just as a warning. You are much better doing something you actually like.
Reply 365
Bornstubborn
That is why i chose one of the best unis in the country to go to and a course that is under subscribed and a job market with a shortage. I am a very calculated man.

Please please please learn how to use apostrophes.

And I am glad your motive is money but I hope it will make you happy as well. Job satisfaction is important too and it would be awful to be a depressed millionaire!
Reblet
HMK I don't want to scare you... But I think we might be on the same side! :eek:

:laugh:

I don't take sides... :wink:
Reply 367
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
I have a penis silly, but do carry on...

Btw, you are such an amazing flirt :rolleyes:

Aha. Or afraid of your own mediocrity, so strive to avoid any kind of competition? Btw, industries come and go, just as a warning. You are much better doing something you actually like.

I think you two would make a fantastic couple. Horrendous arguments but brilliant make up sex! haha.
Reblet
I think you two would make a fantastic couple. Horrendous arguments but brilliant make up sex! haha.

Dont look kiddies...

Spoiler

Malinski
lol im sure your a nerd, but im rubbish with abbreviations anyways! :p:
you're lucky it's an acronym then :cool:
Reply 370
ThePenguinMafia
you're lucky it's an acronym then :cool:

Haha brilliant! :biggrin:

Finally! Someone realises it's an economic thing and nothing else. Good man.

It wouldn't work though.
Sure it would. Just allow them access to it every time they have a fetus growing inside their uterus. That's the criteria females are required to meet, so it's only fair.
Reply 373
ThePenguinMafia
Sure it would. Just allow them access to it every time they have a fetus growing inside their uterus. That's the criteria females are required to meet, so it's only fair.

Brilliant!
Reply 374
anyarian
also takes a man to get someone pregnant. :rolleyes:
and what about pregnancy due to rape? (esp if no chance to take 72hr pill, due to kidnap or something)

it doesn't matter whether you're a man or woman, it matters how good you are at the job. I've got both male and female teachers, and neither, on average, is better or worse than the other. The two most appauling teachers at my school were (they're no longer there) both men.
the headteacher and deputy head are men, they are both quite incompetant at some of the things that are required of them.
the deputy has to do the school timetable, which he is terrible at.
the previous deputy (a woman) is now part time, after working at our school for 46 years. she did the timetable brilliantly.
but then the female graphics teacher is far worse than the male graphics teacher.

stop hiding behind excuses about maternity leave so that you can try and make sure women cannot be independant, or equal to men.

I'm not hiding. Getting pregnant due to rape is not your fault unless you were basically selling yourself to the rapist (like the clothes you're wearing, really showing off your body, giving the looks and etc). I guess then, the rapist should give you a thick wad of cash, maybe that'll make him or her think again next time round.

I thought that you're saying that women should be equal to men but the overall impression given of female teachers is that they're better then male teachers. This is simply just turning the tables over.

Who said that women can't be independent? I most certainly didn't.
I think you've forgotten that busiensses are out there to make money, and so a woman is more of a risk to a small business. That's completely understandable, unless you expect her to work when she's gonna have the baby, which is an obvious no no.

Anyway, with no maternity/paternity leave, there is a lesser chance of people having a large number of babies, and this is exactly what we need at the moment. We're killing the planet and destroying our future childrens' future.

I think my point still stands intact.
Do you believe it's fair to make assumptions of what a person will do based solely on their gender and on no other criteria?
As i said before, it shouldn't matter if their male or female, just how they work...
With sick pays and all that, it should be the same too
They should be assessed for their worth to the company in question, but I do disagree with government regulations on such things.
Reply 378
flump
I am female and the mother of two (had my first at 18) I work fulltime on a flexible basis and I earn more than any of the men on my level in my company. I know this because of my role in HR (I don't think they know:wink: ) Why do I get paid more? Because the boss values me and thinks I'm worth it.

It's good to know that it works both ways...Perhaps some people can shut up about a) the pay gap and b) the stigma of full time work as a mother.
nolongerhearthemusic
The whole idea is that women should not be disadvantaged because they have wombs.

my point is wombs = preggers....nicht gut for business...

Latest

Trending

Trending