The Student Room Group

Would you be happy for this as bday gift from boyfriend?

Girl is on this forum so anon.

We've been going out 6 months. I'm thinking of preparing a gift box containing:

1) 2x tickets to a comedy act that i know she likes (£11)
2) Black langerie satin night dress thing (gorgeous) (she bought herself one a few months ago and know she wants another) (£8)
3) this mug that i really like (sounds lame but trust me on that) (£5)
4) some peice of jewelry? i dunno what type really but probably some earrings or something in a nice box (<£10)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That sounds really nice. I'd love to get something like that as a present. I'm sure she'll love it :smile:
Reply 2
Sounds good but a bit too many small things in my opinion.

Maybe go with the tickets which is a wonderful idea, lingerie and I would throw in a nice classy fragrance and leave the rest - thats in my opinion.

Also you have only been with her for 6 months so dont know how well into your relationship you both are in but I would say its better to get her 1 or 2 big things max rather than making a gift box with smaller little things.

Again dont know what she likes etc
Reply 3
Anonymous

2) Black langerie satin night dress thing (gorgeous) (she bought herself one a few months ago and know she wants another) (£8)
4) some peice of jewelry? i dunno what type really but probably some earrings or something in a nice box (<£10)

Lovely...... needs a lovely box to put it in with shredded tissue paper an mayb some sweet little nick nacky things an heart shaped chocks sprinkled around :p:
Reply 4
Sounds a lovely selection :smile:
Reply 5
:eek:

One lucky girl right there!

I'd like that! :biggrin:

She'd be very silly not to!

But we can't give you definate answers... We're not her, nor do we know her and everyone's different.
Saying that, there's not a girl in the world who wouldn't like it I don't think

1) something she like, and you like. Something for the 2 of you to share together
2) Something she wants, and you've picked up on that :smile:
3) OK, so you want it, but it's cool and useful :biggrin:
4) Something feminine for her. Very cool :biggrin:
Reply 6
Yeah sounds good. I way prefer little things that mean something :smile:
awwwww u sound like a very sweet boyfriend
Reply 8
So if i spend alot of time making the box look nice, do you think this would be alright (putting this all in the box) :

1) Tickets in an envelope
2) Lingerie in tissue paper wrapping
3) nice fragrance in a decent box?

Oh by the way we're going camping when i'm giving this to her so it cant be flowers, chocolate (wil melt) etc
:redface: Sprinkle the box with chocolates!!!!! or rose petals!!!
Reply 10
Sprinkle the box with Monster Munch.
Reply 11
Anonymous
So if i spend alot of time making the box look nice, do you think this would be alright (putting this all in the box) :

1) Tickets in an envelope
2) Lingerie in tissue paper wrapping
3) nice fragrance in a decent box?

Oh by the way we're going camping when i'm giving this to her so it cant be flowers, chocolate (wil melt) etc

Yay you took my advice :smile:
Is camping the right time to give such a delicate and pretty thing lol unless its really romantic. Yes if you make the box look nice then it will add that personal touch and she will know you spent time on it - but a nicely brought give bag can be your other option - in my opinion again lol after only 6 months unless your in love :p:
Reply 12
Yasmin2K8
Yay you took my advice :smile:
Is camping the right time to give such a delicate and pretty thing lol unless its really romantic. Yes if you make the box look nice then it will add that personal touch and she will know you spent time on it - but a nicely brought give bag can be your other option - in my opinion again lol after only 6 months unless your in love :p:

I am totally in love with her which is why i want to make it as special as possible!

(fake) rose petals to sprinkle in this box sounds nice. i dont think i'll show her in the tent, probably walk her down to the beach and do it there :smile:
Reply 13
Anonymous
I am totally in love with her which is why i want to make it as special as possible!

(fake) rose petals to sprinkle in this box sounds nice. i dont think i'll show her in the tent, probably walk her down to the beach and do it there :smile:

See now its sounding a lot better than before and yes beach is definitely a good idea. Hope it goes well :smile:

And if she doesnt like it you can blame it on me :p:
shorty.loves.angels
:redface: Sprinkle the box with chocolates!!!!! or rose petals!!!

that was a bit excitable lol
this is adorable! shes damn lucky. :smile:

i wld prefer the perfume rather than the earings. the comedy tickets is brill :biggrin:
Reply 16
How old are you both? It sounds like a lovely idea, and I'm sure she'll be really touched by the thought :biggrin: But it definitely sounds like a present for a teenager, not an adult woman, in my opinion/experience.
tweety_2479
that was a bit excitable lol

I know but it makes it even more special... I like the romanceness :redface:
Reply 18
Anonymous

Necklace and earing sets are really pretty. Make sure you get her the right size underwear for fear of death.

Overall it sounds pretty darn thoughtful of you. You're lovely.

My birthday was on Sat, & my bf got me some wonderful stuff, it wasn't that it was wonderful just because it was "the best thing ever" but it was wonderful because I could tell he had really thought it through.

She'll know just by the effort you're putting in how she means to you, and that will probs make her day. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Anonymous

Sounds nice to me :smile:

Also I'm curious.. this satin night dress thingy that's only £8 - where from!

Latest

Trending

Trending