michaela03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm homeschooled, can i do just one science? and how would i go about which exam to do? i've been doing edexcel biology since being homeschooled in january and I'm a current year 11
Last edited by michaela03; 1 year ago
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can if you wish. you'll need to enter yourself for the exam at an exam centre (i think)- google to find the one closest to you.
michaela03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you can if you wish. you'll need to enter yourself for the exam at an exam centre (i think)- google to find the one closest to you.
does that still count as the core science? and would the exam need to be single science biology? and also would that mean i have to learn different content or does the cgp revision guide have it all?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by michaela03)
does that still count as the core science? and would the exam need to be single science biology? and also would that mean i have to learn different content or does the cgp revision guide have it all?
the revision guide should be enough.
tagging Compost because i'm not entirely sure about this sort of stuff
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure what you mean by 'Core Science'. There is no absolute requirement to do any Science at all so just Biology is fine. (For jobs which require a GCSE C/4 or above in a Science GCSE - e.g. to be a primary teacher - Biology is fine.)

The difficulty taking GCSE Biology (or any other Science GCSE) is that the centre where you take the exams has to confirm you have done the required practicals. If you haven't got a centre willing to say this (e.g. they might because you'd done them all before you started being home-schooled) then you may need to take IGCSE Biology instead https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...logy-2017.html as it doesn't have this requirement. Books and guides available here https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=igcse+b...f=nb_sb_noss_1 (make sure you get ones for 9-1 Biology, not the older specification)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.38%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
18.46%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
43.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
18.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed