The Student Room Group

Will my uni accept me with these types of circumstances.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out
I have scenarios that I’d like to get that answer on whether the uni would accept me or not.

The first one is would the uni I’ve chosen to go to accept me if I had the required 5 a*-c gcse grades and at sixth form I had gotten the required amount of UCAS points but at sixth form I done an a level and a btec and with the 2 I got the required ucas points for the chosen course.

The second one is would the uni I’ve chosen to go to accept me if I didn’t have 5 a*-c gcse grades but I however got the ucas points for my chosen course.

And to get an unconditional offer from a uni does that mean even though I’m still taking my exams and I got unconditional no matter what grade I get in my exams will I still have my place at that uni.
Original post by unknownone7
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out
I have scenarios that I’d like to get that answer on whether the uni would accept me or not.

The first one is would the uni I’ve chosen to go to accept me if I had the required 5 a*-c gcse grades and at sixth form I had gotten the required amount of UCAS points but at sixth form I done an a level and a btec and with the 2 I got the required ucas points for the chosen course.

The second one is would the uni I’ve chosen to go to accept me if I didn’t have 5 a*-c gcse grades but I however got the ucas points for my chosen course.

And to get an unconditional offer from a uni does that mean even though I’m still taking my exams and I got unconditional no matter what grade I get in my exams will I still have my place at that uni.

1. Yes if it says it is acceptable under entry requirements. If unclear then ask admissions. If they describe in ucas points then yes.
2. It depends. You normally need Maths and English, then if you had a good reason why you didnt have 5 , then you could contact admissions and discuss with them. It is at their discretion, but the whole point of them asking for 5 is because that is what they want, although they can decide differently on a case by case basis. Do not apply unless they say it is ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending