The Student Room Group

How to Ask Flatmates to Tidy Up Without Being Rude?

One (maybe two, I can't tell) of my flatmates' things (cutlery, mugs, trays etc.) has been piling up in the corner of the kitchen over the past couple of weeks and it's starting to bother me. I'm not even entirely sure whose stuff it is.
I don't want to nag, but I have family coming over on Sunday so I want the communal area to look a little tidier than it does now. Everyone else tidies up their stuff and I don't want to wash their things. Even if I did do that, I don't know where their stuff goes. How do I politely ask them to tidy up without being rude?
Original post by Anonymous
One (maybe two, I can't tell) of my flatmates' things (cutlery, mugs, trays etc.) has been piling up in the corner of the kitchen over the past couple of weeks and it's starting to bother me. I'm not even entirely sure whose stuff it is.
I don't want to nag, but I have family coming over on Sunday so I want the communal area to look a little tidier than it does now. Everyone else tidies up their stuff and I don't want to wash their things. Even if I did do that, I don't know where their stuff goes. How do I politely ask them to tidy up without being rude?

Do you have a group chat for your flat? Either that or ask each flatmate as you see them. If no one owns up to it, shove everything in a bin bag and put it in the nearest cupboard (with a note on the door saying what's inside).
Reply 2
go to them and say : " hey can you clean up this f***ing mess please"
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Do you have a group chat for your flat? Either that or ask each flatmate as you see them. If no one owns up to it, shove everything in a bin bag and put it in the nearest cupboard (with a note on the door saying what's inside).

I'll try the groupchat- thanks! I never seem to catch many of my flatmates at opportune moments or see them in person at all :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending