How to Ask Flatmates to Tidy Up Without Being Rude? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
One (maybe two, I can't tell) of my flatmates' things (cutlery, mugs, trays etc.) has been piling up in the corner of the kitchen over the past couple of weeks and it's starting to bother me. I'm not even entirely sure whose stuff it is.
I don't want to nag, but I have family coming over on Sunday so I want the communal area to look a little tidier than it does now. Everyone else tidies up their stuff and I don't want to wash their things. Even if I did do that, I don't know where their stuff goes. How do I politely ask them to tidy up without being rude?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One (maybe two, I can't tell) of my flatmates' things (cutlery, mugs, trays etc.) has been piling up in the corner of the kitchen over the past couple of weeks and it's starting to bother me. I'm not even entirely sure whose stuff it is.
I don't want to nag, but I have family coming over on Sunday so I want the communal area to look a little tidier than it does now. Everyone else tidies up their stuff and I don't want to wash their things. Even if I did do that, I don't know where their stuff goes. How do I politely ask them to tidy up without being rude?
Do you have a group chat for your flat? Either that or ask each flatmate as you see them. If no one owns up to it, shove everything in a bin bag and put it in the nearest cupboard (with a note on the door saying what's inside).
issa BB
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
go to them and say : " hey can you clean up this f***ing mess please"
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Do you have a group chat for your flat? Either that or ask each flatmate as you see them. If no one owns up to it, shove everything in a bin bag and put it in the nearest cupboard (with a note on the door saying what's inside).
I'll try the groupchat- thanks! I never seem to catch many of my flatmates at opportune moments or see them in person at all :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (113)
64.57%
No (62)
35.43%

Watched Threads