A level Law Cambridge Uni

Watch this thread
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can I get into Cambridge uni to study HSPS with an a level in law (as well as sociology and literature)
@cheekiemonkie
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hiya - applied to HSPS this year with Politics, History and Geography (and AS in bio). You should absolutely be able to apply with Law, considering it's an essay subject. Go for it!
Littlegeekgirl_
Rep:
(Original post by @cheekiemonkie)
Hiya - applied to HSPS this year with Politics, History and Geography (and AS in bio). You should absolutely be able to apply with Law, considering it's an essay subject. Go for it!
Thank you! Do you have any more tips, and what did you apply to for your other unis since HSPS is specific to Cambridge
@cheekiemonkie
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Littlegeekgirl_)
Thank you! Do you have any more tips, and what did you apply to for your other unis since HSPS is specific to Cambridge
No problem at all. I think other tips would just be to keep up to date with politics/current affairs and try to find out what it really is about the HSPS course that you are really interested in. Personally, I find identity politics and tribalism my favourite topic etc. Once you've done that maybe start reading around the topic (but dont neglect the broader aspects of your interest/the course) - but also dont worry about doing too much extra work/reading now. If you think you might struggle to get the predictions just focus on improving your grades and keeping on top of school work.

The other courses I applied to are: Politics at Edinburgh (pending), Politics & IR at Bath (offer), Politics & IR at Nottingham (offer), Politics & IR at Loughborough (offer).

Hope this helps!
Littlegeekgirl_
Rep:
(Original post by @cheekiemonkie)
No problem at all. I think other tips would just be to keep up to date with politics/current affairs and try to find out what it really is about the HSPS course that you are really interested in. Personally, I find identity politics and tribalism my favourite topic etc. Once you've done that maybe start reading around the topic (but dont neglect the broader aspects of your interest/the course) - but also dont worry about doing too much extra work/reading now. If you think you might struggle to get the predictions just focus on improving your grades and keeping on top of school work.

The other courses I applied to are: Politics at Edinburgh (pending), Politics & IR at Bath (offer), Politics & IR at Nottingham (offer), Politics & IR at Loughborough (offer).

Hope this helps!
That’s amazing! Thank you so much
Harris247
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
did you end up getting an offer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (268)
42.41%
The paper was reasonable (260)
41.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (57)
9.02%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.44%

Watched Threads