Meganbw23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Need a topic related to cardiology for my EPQ. It needs to be something that has two arguments for it or two sides. I was thinking of doing ‘does lifestyle or genetics play a more significant role in having cardiovascular disease’ however, I’m not sure there is a lot out there on this because I already know that lifestyle is more influential. Can anyone help?
AHoek10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Meganbw23)
Need a topic related to cardiology for my EPQ. It needs to be something that has two arguments for it or two sides. I was thinking of doing ‘does lifestyle or genetics play a more significant role in having cardiovascular disease’ however, I’m not sure there is a lot out there on this because I already know that lifestyle is more influential. Can anyone help?
As long as you have some counter argument to your main argument, it shouldn’t matter that lifestyle is more influential. Someone did an EPQ on ‘Does systematic racism still exist in the U.K.?”. It clearly is and the majority of his EPQ was arguing in favour of this question. But because he had a little counter argument to most of his points, he did well. Same with mine: 75% of my EPQ was in favour of one argument but I still managed to counter my points with evidence that I managed to analyse as biased and flawed.

So you can argue that lifestyle is the main reason for cardiovascular disease and just try find as many articles as possible saying genetics is to blame to provide some counter argument. But you can still point out the bad things about the counter arguments and have the main focus of your EPQ be on favour of lifestyle being to blaim.n
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.32%
I'm not sure (3)
2.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (41)
32.28%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.67%

Watched Threads