The Student Room Group

Biology Alevel sucks

Im taking biology Alevel along with psychology and sociology. Im failing and I think its too late to swap courses. even if I do swap I don't know what to take and my parents would kill me. what do I do?
Just ask the sixth form if you can swap.

You'll be thankful in the long run and so will your parents unless they want to be paying for resits. A-Level Biology is solid and difficult to get a good grade in, especially if you do not enjoy it. Do something you like, take it from me.
Reply 2
Original post by cheerIeader
Just ask the sixth form if you can swap.

You'll be thankful in the long run and so will your parents unless they want to be paying for resits. A-Level Biology is solid and difficult to get a good grade in, especially if you do not enjoy it. Do something you like, take it from me.

I have honestly no clue what id swap it for though
SWAP IT NOW! don't do biology unless you need it to get into uni, other than that I would say swap it since you are quite early in the course, you will regret. If you swap it fro anything, I'd recommend criminology, apparently it is an easy a level and interesting. Even chemistry is a good shout, depends if you like it though. Biology is deffo the toughest out there
Reply 4
Original post by elllielewis
Im taking biology Alevel along with psychology and sociology. Im failing and I think its too late to swap courses. even if I do swap I don't know what to take and my parents would kill me. what do I do?

Honestly, drop it. Tell your parents that you’d rather not fail bio than taking another A level! also if you don’t need bio tell your parents, my bio teacher said that you shouldn’t take it unless you need it and that the students who get level 9s struggle with it.
I took Biology and psychology as well, it is a lot of work (Biology especially) and if you dont enjoy it or are not interested in it, then you won't have the capacity to focus on it and study enough to get a good grade.

I took the wrong alevels, hated them, but my parents wouldn't let me change. Ended up failing, developed severe depression and eventually got expelled (because I hated the subjects I would act up, and then fell behind so acted up more, and so on in a cycle until I got expelled).

When I started a new school, I finally took subjects I loved and was interested in (biology, psychology and English) and was so much happier and ended up getting really good final grades this summer.

No subject is going to be a walk in the park, but i promise you just take subjects you enjoy, even if they seem they dont go together, and the next two years will be so much better.

Finally, at my new school I was originally taking chemistry but swapped it for English in January. Despite missing a whole term of it I still came out with a good grade, far better than I would have for chemistry. Its never too late to swap.

I hope this helps and good luck,

Quick Reply

Latest