History Mock exam. Medicine and Elizabeth

Watch this thread
lucy.miax
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, My history mock is in a week and im really stressing out about revising. My main struggle is medicine. Do any of you have any ideas on what this test will focus on. THIS IS REALLY URGENT !!!!
15colesch
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
No idea what your particular school will choose, but i know that this year's paper had Islamic medicine on it if that helps?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Elizabethan medicine? Prolly leeches and ragwort paste.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Separate medicine into 4 categories: medical, renaissance, industrial and modern.

For each category, separate into more categories: causes, prevention, treatments, individuals and etc.

If you keep breaking it down to categories you understand in the same format, you can remember it easier because it’ll be the same format as the other main 3.

I significantly suggest you practice on your exam techniques and how you answer it.
Zoe_amelia_
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Right. You'll be fine! Know your key individuals, such as Galen, Harvey, Pasteur, Thomas etc... Once you've got them straight it becomes a lot easier. Pick up on things like vaccines and antiseptics. All of that is important. If you do excel i'll attach the content needed for the exam! I'll also attach a copy to the excedel gcse revision which is bloody awesome!

Guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5M...ew?ts=5d1c76b8
Specification:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...on_Issue_2.pdf
It is page 15-17 on the document!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads