Strach2k
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've just delivered my presentation and I had flash cards but because I read a lot from them and put the same info up on my presentation for the audience to read the teacher that filmed it said it's a very good presentation, but a merit as I read a lot from the cards. I can't help thinking if I had another go at it I could just put pictures up and talk without cards l... Is it worth asking the teacher to re assess me or shall I be content with a merit as it doesn't count towards my gcse? Ultimately id love to get on a degree course... Am I just gutted I didn't get a distinction or being silly as I got a merit? Any thoughts appreciated... I'm on an adult gcse course and haven't been at school in 19years so...
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Strach2k)
I've just delivered my presentation and I had flash cards but because I read a lot from them and put the same info up on my presentation for the audience to read the teacher that filmed it said it's a very good presentation, but a merit as I read a lot from the cards. I can't help thinking if I had another go at it I could just put pictures up and talk without cards l... Is it worth asking the teacher to re assess me or shall I be content with a merit as it doesn't count towards my gcse? Ultimately id love to get on a degree course... Am I just gutted I didn't get a distinction or being silly as I got a merit? Any thoughts appreciated... I'm on an adult gcse course and haven't been at school in 19years so...
You did what you did, and it sounds like you were fairly assessed on your performance. But you also learned something important here, flash cards can actually end up getting in the way of doing a good talk and it sounds like you don't really need them. Using the slides as your prompt and as a result, being much more engaged with the audience and keeping eye contact up leads to a much better experience for both you and them. The course is more than just about getting grade, its about developing useful skills as you go, being able to do an effective presentation is really a key thing to come away with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (42)
19.27%
Unconditional if firmed (18)
8.26%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.92%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.29%
No unconditional offers (151)
69.27%

Watched Threads