Heeelppppp plssss! I’m a failure! Watch

Nopeeey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im in year 11. I’m getting 4’s 5’s and 6’s in my subjects right now and I don’t know what to do it’s like no matter how hard I revise, nothing pays off. I already cried once today and I feel like I’m a failure and I’m not good enough for my family. They seem disappointed especially knowing how much effort I put into revision. They think I’m dumb and compare me to my cousin all the time and it just lowers my self esteem and now I just feel like I’m not worth anything. I try to listen in lesson and everything seems to go in one ear and come out the other. i just don’t know what do anymore. Is this normal to get at the start of the year? Can I change before GCSEs? Or am I just dumb?
penguinstar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you can absolutely turn things around. i know it probably feels like exams are approaching way too quickly, but you have more than enough time, i promise! i'm sorry things are going badly at the moment, but try speaking to your teachers about things you're unsure about or places you could have improved in your graded work. they'll be more than happy to help, that's what they are there for!! you could also try getting revision guides (the CGP books are usually pretty good) or finding educational videos on youtube about what you're studying.

i know gcses are tough, but don't lose hope!!! you have lots of time still and you're going to do brilliantly. it's difficult, but: have faith in yourself.

(also, even if they're not the grades you want at the moment, be proud of what you've achieved so far! gcses are difficult so the grades you have are already an accomplishment. just think how amazing they'll be soon!)

good luck!
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s normal at the start of the year. Talk to your teachers on how to start and start by learning the content until it’s solid. Then you can practice questions but you don’t have to worry about that now. Just focus on consolidating your knowledge so basically focus and improve on your weak ones more than your strong ones but you still have to go over them. You’re not a failure and don’t say that about yourself. Don’t let them get to you and just go at your own pace so you can learn more things effectively. Get someone to explain the lesson to you afterwards or ask your teacher for a more detailed explanation so they can get you to understand at your own pace. You’re not dumb and yes you can change. Good luckkk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (84)
73.04%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
16.52%
Yes but I might change my mind (12)
10.43%

Watched Threads