mishteymur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My teachers have set out our target grades for a levels on the system and my grades are ABC. My top choice is the university of law and their grade requirements are BBB. It sounds rather silly but will these appear still okay to the University?
AnnabelleSmith1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mishteymur)
My teachers have set out our target grades for a levels on the system and my grades are ABC. My top choice is the university of law and their grade requirements are BBB. It sounds rather silly but will these appear still okay to the University?
what university is it? some universities may accept it but it wouldn't be certain. I'd definitely put it down as an aspirational one as you never know! could you get the C moved up to the B? obviously not if its unreasonable to expect a B grade but would definitely help!
mishteymur
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnnabelleSmith1)
what university is it? some universities may accept it but it wouldn't be certain. I'd definitely put it down as an aspirational one as you never know! could you get the C moved up to the B? obviously not if its unreasonable to expect a B grade but would definitely help!
the university is the University of law. I can try and get my C moved to a B, I mean it's possible for me to get a B but that specific teacher was saying it was reasonable if I stuck with a C. I'm seeing on her Monday, and I'm going to try to convince her to boost it to a B.
AnnabelleSmith1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mishteymur)
the university is the University of law. I can try and get my C moved to a B, I mean it's possible for me to get a B but that specific teacher was saying it was reasonable if I stuck with a C. I'm seeing on her Monday, and I'm going to try to convince her to boost it to a B.
I would possibly try emailing the admissions office at the Uni of Law? often they're really vague and unhelpful but they might have a standard procedure regarding that?
mishteymur
Rep:
?
Yeah I’ll try that, thanks for the advice!!😊
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where Unis ask for UCAS points then its more likely they will accept this. Usually where they ask for specific grades then its less likely - ie. if they want consistent grades across 3 subjects, BUT the sort of Unis asking for BBB for Law will not be this fussy.

You should be okay applying for one BBB course with ABC predictions, just make sure that your other choices are more realistic,
This TSR article has good advice about spreading your choices across grade ranges - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
mishteymur
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Where Unis ask for UCAS points then its more likely they will accept this. Usually where they ask for specific grades then its less likely - ie. if they want consistent grades across 3 subjects, BUT the sort of Unis asking for BBB for Law will not be this fussy.

You should be okay applying for one BBB course with ABC predictions, just make sure that your other choices are more realistic,
This TSR article has good advice about spreading your choices across grade ranges - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Thanks, that makes me feel a little relaxed now because I just spoke to them and they said that if I don't get the grades, I can still do the course but with an additional year in University. I'm still planning on convincing my teachers that I need that B; if I'm lucky, I should get that B grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)