HW6162
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi i am in y11 and i am really struggling with exam stress. i cry pratically every night and keep having panick attacks. Our school are always banging on about how many days and hours we have left. I am just finding i am becoming so depressed. I am predicted 7s and 8s in evrything but i am so stressed. Mainly maths i am currently at a 5 and i need a 6 for a level biology
Anonymous1xo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey don’t worry, yes I know it’s hard. I did my GCSE’s last year, I’m currently in year 12 studying chem, bio, physics and maths for A-Levels. Last year I was told I would not get anything above a 5 for chemistry but I ended up with a 7. Just relax if you find any specific topics hard, just revise them as much as you can. The best tip I can give you is to use past papers, it helped me so much I managed to go 2 grades up in a few of my subjects. Trust me hun if stressing atm will only make it harder for you to concentrate just relax and take it day by day. Good luck you’ll do great x
ev09
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, Im in year 11 too and trust me I feel your pain but we just have to try our hardest and even though your predicted so high don't feel pressured to get those levels. Try not t worry about it I know its hard to say but don't stress and make time for family and friends. The best way to revise is to do 30 minutes of your chosen subject and then you take a break and go back to it and then repeat it if you take in to much information your brain will not remember. Also don't worry about the time and how long you have left just try your best I know you can do this!
Emily~3695
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HW6162)
hi i am in y11 and i am really struggling with exam stress. i cry pratically every night and keep having panick attacks. Our school are always banging on about how many days and hours we have left. I am just finding i am becoming so depressed. I am predicted 7s and 8s in evrything but i am so stressed. Mainly maths i am currently at a 5 and i need a 6 for a level biology
I’m in year 11 as well and I know how you feel my teachers keep on going on about how long we have as well and it’s very stressful, I’ve been doing mocks as well at the moment which is quite stressful as well, I’m predicted similar to you and it’s pretty stressful when everyone has such high expectations of you. I know this sounds silly but have you tried things to help you relax like meditation or yoga my Form tutor says they can really help people that stress a lot. I hope u are ok, if u ever need to talk about year 11 or anything I’m happy to help 😊
HW6162
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous1xo)
Hey don’t worry, yes I know it’s hard. I did my GCSE’s last year, I’m currently in year 12 studying chem, bio, physics and maths for A-Levels. Last year I was told I would not get anything above a 5 for chemistry but I ended up with a 7. Just relax if you find any specific topics hard, just revise them as much as you can. The best tip I can give you is to use past papers, it helped me so much I managed to go 2 grades up in a few of my subjects. Trust me hun if stressing atm will only make it harder for you to concentrate just relax and take it day by day. Good luck you’ll do great x
Thanks
HW6162
Rep:
?
(Original post by ev09)
Hey, Im in year 11 too and trust me I feel your pain but we just have to try our hardest and even though your predicted so high don't feel pressured to get those levels. Try not t worry about it I know its hard to say but don't stress and make time for family and friends. The best way to revise is to do 30 minutes of your chosen subject and then you take a break and go back to it and then repeat it if you take in to much information your brain will not remember. Also don't worry about the time and how long you have left just try your best I know you can do this!
Thanks. Good luck
HW6162
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily~3695)
I’m in year 11 as well and I know how you feel my teachers keep on going on about how long we have as well and it’s very stressful, I’ve been doing mocks as well at the moment which is quite stressful as well, I’m predicted similar to you and it’s pretty stressful when everyone has such high expectations of you. I know this sounds silly but have you tried things to help you relax like meditation or yoga my Form tutor says they can really help people that stress a lot. I hope u are ok, if u ever need to talk about year 11 or anything I’m happy to help 😊
Thanks. I might try some yoga, i already swim and doing sport definatly helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (98)
70.5%
No I haven't decided yet (26)
18.71%
Yes but I might change my mind (15)
10.79%

Watched Threads