UCAS Education Section/Physics Question Watch

bubblewit
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey, I have some questions about the UCAS apply system.

I want to do Physics at York Uni, requires BBB including Physics and Maths.
Hopefully my maths will get a grade A, however one of my Physics modules went bad and I think I will retake it in January.

I’ve been reading about it and as of October 2007 you have to state all your module results? Is there any where on my UCAS form I can state that I will be re-taking that specific module for a higher overall grade?

Do I put my current subjects im studying under the full A2 award, or do I put them in for AS and A2?
I don’t think that makes sense. E.g. Im taking maths at both AS and A2, so do I enter it as an AS grade and an A2 grade or just an A2?

Also a general question, if my AS results come out ABC, will York offer me a BBB offer still, or will they see the C and decline me? Of course I am been optimistic at the moment and hoping for an ABB but just incase that doesn’t happen =(

Thanks in advance
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they tend to enter clearing so are reasonably lenient
bubblewit
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by arisk01)
they tend to enter clearing so are reasonably lenient
Thanks for the reply, but to clarify..
Do you mean York tend to enter clearing so if i do not meet the grades they are more lenient at letting me in?
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bubblewit)
Thanks for the reply, but to clarify..
Do you mean York tend to enter clearing so if i do not meet the grades they are more lenient at letting me in?
exactly, well with your grade examples anyway.

I need to ring them and see if they'll let me in anyway today...
kamie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to put your A2 and AS Level in, with the applicable modules in each. You but the date of the AS level as this summer, and A2 as next. For any previously completed qualifications you need to enter them on UCAS, and your AS are previously completed qualifications. For now but the grades as "pending", then put them in when your exam results come out.

Your referee can mention in their reference that you're resitting some modules.
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I’ve been reading about it and as of October 2007 you have to state all your module results? Is there any where on my UCAS form I can state that I will be re-taking that specific module for a higher overall grade?
When you enter qualifications into the UCAS apply system there is a drop down list of all the grades, and the last is pending.

So you put pending for all units you are resitting and all units you are still to take (A2s)

Do I put my current subjects im studying under the full A2 award, or do I put them in for AS and A2?
I don’t think that makes sense. E.g. Im taking maths at both AS and A2, so do I enter it as an AS grade and an A2 grade or just an A2?
You enter them as full A2s, and as I stated above you put your overall grade as pending and all units you are resitting or still to take as pending.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with applying!
Lady Justice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
When you enter qualifications into the UCAS apply system there is a drop down list of all the grades, and the last is pending.

So you put pending for all units you are resitting and all units you are still to take (A2s)

You enter them as full A2s, and as I stated above you put your overall grade as pending and all units you are resitting or still to take as pending.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with applying!
But surely if you enter them as full A2s, they can't see what grade you got in AS if your AS grade has already been certificated!? I'm really confused...
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady Justice)
But surely if you enter them as full A2s, they can't see what grade you got in AS if your AS grade has already been certificated!? I'm really confused...
You only put your full AS Level Grade for subjects you are not continuing at A2.

As an example, I dropped English Lit at AS and got a C, so I put in my AS result as I wasn't carrying on.

But for everything you carry on you don't put in a full grade as you AS & A2 results are going to be added together to give you a full grade so on you UCAS form you'll have:

Unit 1: Then put the grade or pending if resitting
Unit 2: Put grade or pending if resitting
Unit 3: Put grade or pending if resitting
Unit 4: Pending
Unit 5: Pending
Unit 6: Pending

It doesn't matter that your AS grades are not there, they will have the individual unit results and can looka t them to make an estimate as to what your overall A2 grades will be.
Lady Justice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
okay, thank you sweetlovinchick2k1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads