greenbbean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So ive decided to make sure i write my notes for subjects by January for year 10 content AND stuff ive been learning so far for year 11, and then for the remaining content i need to learn this year, i will write them up after the lesson for that day. Im estimating around four months to do past papers and practice questions.honestly speaking, from a realistic standpoint for an average learner, do you think this will be enough time to achieve all 9's in my real exams?
bebbingtonellie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
In my opinion, this sounds like a good plan. Go at your own pace and stay motivated. However, I think that past papers are the way forward and are somewhat more important than having lots of notes.
As for me, I make notes as I go along in my A-Levels. Once I've written my notes I scan them onto my laptop and have everything in folders on my USB. This way I am able to have my notes with me all of the time. I take my laptop into college everyday and I update my USB with new notes at the weekends.

Another thing I would say is to not focus too much on getting ALL 9's at GCSE. Of course it's a great achievement, but it is not necessary if you want to be outstanding. Focus on the subjects you thoroughly enjoy and thrive in them. That way you will make it no matter what. Setting the highest target for yourself will more often than not let you down. Aim for lower targets eg one 9 in one set of exams and then 2 in the next and see how it goes. But do not aim so high that you will feel as if you fail if you don't achieve this target, its not worth it!

Your plan sounds good and I hope you do well with your revision! Good luck!
greenbbean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by bebbingtonellie)
In my opinion, this sounds like a good plan. Go at your own pace and stay motivated. However, I think that past papers are the way forward and are somewhat more important than having lots of notes.
As for me, I make notes as I go along in my A-Levels. Once I've written my notes I scan them onto my laptop and have everything in folders on my USB. This way I am able to have my notes with me all of the time. I take my laptop into college everyday and I update my USB with new notes at the weekends.

Another thing I would say is to not focus too much on getting ALL 9's at GCSE. Of course it's a great achievement, but it is not necessary if you want to be outstanding. Focus on the subjects you thoroughly enjoy and thrive in them. That way you will make it no matter what. Setting the highest target for yourself will more often than not let you down. Aim for lower targets eg one 9 in one set of exams and then 2 in the next and see how it goes. But do not aim so high that you will feel as if you fail if you don't achieve this target, its not worth it!

Thank you so much! I guess more realistic goals would work better in my favor, So ill take your advice into account. Hope revision goes well for you too <3
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by bebbingtonellie)

You could use a cloud service for this. It would be easier if you forgot your USB one day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?