Feeling weird to send an apology - advice please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This is an overdue apology. I want to send it because I feel as if I wasn’t a great friend.

I feel scared to send this apology because I don’t know what her reply would be. Plus because we used to be close I used to feel scared of her. I also used to feel insecure. However we had great times.

I am sending this apology even though both of us were in the wrong. She made efforts with me and now I know it’s my turn.

One thing that bothers me is that because she is at uni. I feel as if I am not needed anymore. She has a life and everything and I just want to make sure this situation is cleared.

I feel as if I don’t have a right to bring back the past. But I miss having a friend.

There are times where I do miss her and when I would talk to other people and ask for advice regarding her. I would feel emotional and tear up because of it.

Then there are times where I don’t think much about it.

I also don’t want the message to sound creepy. I kind of know what I want to say but I don’t want to sound like a creep.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is an overdue apology. I want to send it because I feel as if I wasn’t a great friend.

I feel scared to send this apology because I don’t know what her reply would be. Plus because we used to be close I used to feel scared of her. I also used to feel insecure. However we had great times.

I am sending this apology even though both of us were in the wrong. She made efforts with me and now I know it’s my turn.

One thing that bothers me is that because she is at uni. I feel as if I am not needed anymore. She has a life and everything and I just want to make sure this situation is cleared.

I feel as if I don’t have a right to bring back the past. But I miss having a friend.

There are times where I do miss her and when I would talk to other people and ask for advice regarding her. I would feel emotional and tear up because of it.

Then there are times where I don’t think much about it.

I also don’t want the message to sound creepy. I kind of know what I want to say but I don’t want to sound like a creep.
Are you M or F? You arent giving us any idea what happened.

Just be short sincere and honest. Not overlong. Just draft it a few times and dont get too self indulgent.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Are you M or F? You arent giving us any idea what happened.

Just be short sincere and honest. Not overlong. Just draft it a few times and dont get too self indulgent.
Female - it was a very stupid reason. But I just want to make it up. I just feel scared for some reason
999tigger
Report 3 months ago
Female - it was a very stupid reason. But I just want to make it up. I just feel scared for some reason
If she has already made movements to mend it then just a few paragraphs should do, maybe send a small gift or a card.
You feel scared because tit makes you bulnerable.
Imo the apology should be something where you admit your part and dont make excuses, plus sincere enough that it contains truth and you dont mind other people seeing it. Dont overdo it or underdo it i.e get the balance and tone right.

You still havent given an explanation but if it was as stupid as you say then short, sincere, contrite along with friendliness and humility should be the tight tone.
Anonymous #1
If she has already made movements to mend it then just a few paragraphs should do, maybe send a small gift or a card.
You feel scared because tit makes you bulnerable.
Imo the apology should be something where you admit your part and dont make excuses, plus sincere enough that it contains truth and you dont mind other people seeing it. Dont overdo it or underdo it i.e get the balance and tone right.

You still havent given an explanation but if it was as stupid as you say then short, sincere, contrite along with friendliness and humility should be the tight tone.
She got annoyed because I didn’t reply to a message and this caused our friendship to spiral out for a year!

She stopped speaking to me for it! Just because I didn’t reply!
999tigger
Report 3 months ago
She got annoyed because I didn’t reply to a message and this caused our friendship to spiral out for a year!

She stopped speaking to me for it! Just because I didn’t reply!
Then avoid belittling the reason and focus on your apology (even if you feel you didnt do anything wrong).
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Then avoid belittling the reason and focus on your apology (even if you feel you didnt do anything wrong).
That’s what I am doing
CelqOne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Be mature about this. I would advise:

Just think this in your head first. You may not be able to get this friend back with your apology, but at least you can move on. If she is a good person and a good friend she would’ve accept your apology and reconcile, if she doesn’t then she isn’t really worth it down the line of life.

Now the get the actual apology across, an email or long text would do at this day and age. Be honest and say how you’ve always regret this broken friendship and how you weren’t able to apologise to your friend because you were scared that she would react badly. You’re writing it now because your guilt is tearing you up. Say you’re ok if she doesn’t want to be your friend anymore, but at least you guys won’t be enemies. Wish her all the best and sign off.
Once you send the apology, move on with your own life and if she comes back to you, then great news. If not, you’re at peace with yourself at least.
Always seek new friends. One is not enough for entire life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (522)
60%
Yes- I don't like it (44)
5.06%
No- I want it (245)
28.16%
No- I don't want it (59)
6.78%

Watched Threads