The Student Room Group

Is pension considered as income when applying for maintenance loan?

I am a bit confused regarding declaring pension as income, as I am moving back with my ex next year. I work and he is retired, He receives his pension, He is not my daughters father. I don’t know if his income of his pension will affect her entitlement? Can anybody tell me please. as I am a bit lost in this one. she started in September 2019. I am planning to move back with my ex in April next year. thank you!!!
Original post by milena76
I am a bit confused regarding declaring pension as income, as I am moving back with my ex next year. I work and he is retired, He receives his pension, He is not my daughters father. I don’t know if his income of his pension will affect her entitlement? Can anybody tell me please. as I am a bit lost in this one. she started in September 2019. I am planning to move back with my ex in April next year. thank you!!!

Hi there,

If you are going to be supporting your daughters application for the 2019/20 Academic Year then we would ask you to provide your financial figures for the tax year 2017/18.

We do take into account pensions as a taxable income, therefore ask you to declare any private pensions, state pension, pensions from previous employers or personal pensions.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending