How dated does late 90s/2000s fashion look in 2019? Watch

RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Unlike 1980s fashion, which looked very dated by the mid 1990s, I don't personally find that fashion from the late 90s and 2000s looks too dated today, because you can still buy clothing that looks like it's from that era. It's just that what was in fashion then is no longer fashionable to wear, but most of it doesn't look especially out of place today in my opinion. I think a lot of 90s and 2000s fashion was fairly plain anyway and so it doesn't really date much, although fashionable clothing wasn't as tight as in the 2010s. There are a few late 90s trends though that do look quite dated, in particular sparkly female Y2K fashion (got that term from Wikipedia).

Would you agree with me on late 90s and 2000s fashion or not?
Last edited by RJDG14; 6 days ago
1st superstar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
Unlike 1980s fashion, which looked very dated by the mid 1990s, I don't personally find that fashion from the late 90s and 2000s looks too dated today, because you can still buy clothing that looks like it's from that era. It's just that what was in fashion then is no longer fashionable to wear, but most of it doesn't look especially out of place today in my opinion. I think a lot of 90s and 2000s fashion was fairly plain anyway and so it doesn't really date much, although fashionable clothing wasn't as tight as in the 2010s. There are a few late 90s trends though that do look quite dated, in particular sparkly female Y2K fashion (got that term from Wikipedia).

Would you agree with me on late 90s and 2000s fashion or not?
looks a little dated for me. people these days would be wearing hoodies (which i LOVE), joggers, vans, leggings, designer clothes etc
aciana
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
previous decades before had very recognisable and stylistic clothes, music, films, even accent to some extent. And there was a time literature, classical music and architecture was amazing, which maybe peaked in 19th century and dropped off in mid 20th century. Things have become plainer and less different, like culturally we have run out of ideas. maybe I'm wrong..
1st superstar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aciana)
previous decades before had very recognisable and stylistic clothes, music, films, even accent to some extent. And there was a time literature, classical music and architecture was amazing, which maybe peaked in 19th century and dropped off in mid 20th century. Things have become plainer and less different, like culturally we have run out of ideas. maybe I'm wrong..
agreed
bennyj901
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Think for women's clothing in particular it is having somewhat of a revival in some circles but I personally dont like how it looks because to me I do think it is dated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (89)
66.92%
No (44)
33.08%

Watched Threads