Are applications still being accepted for Advanced Learner Loans? Watch

tyronmarshall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello, I'm currently studying an Access to Higher Education course at Wolverhampton City College. I've been trying to apply for funding for my course online but I keep getting told "My college or training organisation isn't approved for funding". I was reassured numerous times by faculty that I had plenty of time to submit my application for funding just to be declined yesterday. I've now been given a letter stating "The college has now reached the limit of its loans facility, and therefore no further applications are being accepted by the Student Loans Company". I've called the Student Loans Company and they told me it's an issue with the college. I ask the college and they tell me it's an issue with the Loans Company. Is there still a possibility for me to receive funding for my course so that I can continue my studies?

Thanks for reading.
Amy SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by tyronmarshall)
Hello, I'm currently studying an Access to Higher Education course at Wolverhampton City College. I've been trying to apply for funding for my course online but I keep getting told "My college or training organisation isn't approved for funding". I was reassured numerous times by faculty that I had plenty of time to submit my application for funding just to be declined yesterday. I've now been given a letter stating "The college has now reached the limit of its loans facility, and therefore no further applications are being accepted by the Student Loans Company". I've called the Student Loans Company and they told me it's an issue with the college. I ask the college and they tell me it's an issue with the Loans Company. Is there still a possibility for me to receive funding for my course so that I can continue my studies?

Thanks for reading.
Hi there,

The Skills Funding Agency are our partners in providing Advanced Learner Loans. They are responsible for determining which Colleges, Training Organisations and courses are eligible, how much loan we can pay and they provide us with those details to help us make a decision on a learner’s application.

If your course and Learning Provider are approved then you should be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan, if your course has reached it's limit then you will need to discuss this directly with your Learning Provider.

Thanks, Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (217)
53.19%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.69%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.21%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.88%