LGBT Poppies, a good idea or a distasteful way of promoting LGBTQ+? Watch

The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Now, today I saw my sixth form selling LGBT poppies, and it made me beg the simple question "why?" Yes I know, what an incredibly moving story.

What are your thoughts on these poppies? I think you can probably tell what mine are based on my name and avatar :lol:
ibyghee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
So like the poppies were multi-coloured?
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
We already have this thread.
Tribulogic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Bad, and disrespectful. Poppies are red, if they are rainbow coloured, then they are no longer poppies.

I would take this to your head of sixth form.
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Ah, can tell you're still fairly new to the TSR landscape. There's no such thing as having only 1 thread for a topic, just type in abortion and have fun scrolling through the billions of threads they have. For a general point, I was unaware of such a thread existing.
flamingolover
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Now, today I saw my sixth form selling LGBT poppies, and it made me beg the simple question "why?" Yes I know, what an incredibly moving story.

What are your thoughts on these poppies? I think you can probably tell what mine are based on my name and avatar :lol:
its awful. They are separate issues. Poppies are to raise awareness for a horrific war and the people who fight for us not to push other issues onto people.
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ah, can tell you're still fairly new to the TSR landscape. There's no such thing as having only 1 thread for a topic, just type in abortion and have fun scrolling through the billions of threads they have. For a general point, I was unaware of such a thread existing.
I have been here since 2013 :thumbsup:

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Utterly ridiculous move made by a few loud mouthed, malcontent, pin brained kids who dont know better. Just like with the other SJW and other annoying people its better just to ignore them.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
I have been here since 2013 :thumbsup:

If i were you i might want to delete that lest a mod notice and ban your new account
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Napp)
If i were you i might want to delete that lest a mod notice and ban your new account
They know I'm back, they let me return. I think just my name would have given me away by now :lol:
Last edited by DiddyDecAlt; 5 days ago
The Mogg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
If it takes him pretty much telling them that he's been banned previously then our beloved moderators mustn't be so bright considering his name is pretty much the same just with the added Alt. So I assume they allowed him back.
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by leftisttears1)
That its a crime to think lgbt is a sin. we must all believe its natural. pure indoctrination by leftists as usual.
What is the natural colour for poppies? Red. It is the original and natural. Having a rainbow poppy is not natural, it's unnatural. Poppies don't grow multi-coloured naturally. All of the poppies in question are created red. Introducing a multi-coloured poppy is not natural and is a choice. A choice that is disrespectful and does not have to be tolerated if that is the people's opinions.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think that the traditional red poppy supporting the work of the the Royal British Legion is the most powerful, symbolic and universal.
From what I'm reading, the rainbow poppy idea does not seem to be very popular with anyone.
Are the sale proceeds being donated to a charity that supports current and retired military personnel?

Two other TSR threads on the rainbow poppy:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6214702
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post85894142
DiddyDecAlt
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by AnonymousGuest)
What is the natural colour for poppies? Red. It is the original and natural. Having a rainbow poppy is not natural, it's unnatural. Poppies don't grow multi-coloured naturally. All of the poppies in question are created red. Introducing a multi-coloured poppy is not natural and is a choice. A choice that is disrespectful and does not have to be tolerated if that is the people's opinions.
Poppies come in a variety colours naturally, the poppies grown for opium are often either white or pink.
flamingolover
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Poppies come in a variety colours naturally, the poppies grown for opium are often either white or pink.
but definitely not rainbow.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Pretty neutral on the topic to be honest. If people don't want to wear a rainbow one, don't wear one - don't make it an excuse to insult the LGBT+ community.

(Original post by Tribulogic)
Bad, and disrespectful. Poppies are red, if they are rainbow coloured, then they are no longer poppies.

I would take this to your head of sixth form.
They have white, black, and purple ones too. Perhaps other colours too. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/45975344

EDIT: most of the people who are bringing this up as a 'problem' don't even wear a poppy themselves or donate. People use any excuse to make insults sadly.
Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 5 days ago
YellowCookies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

Send me a pic???!!!
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If it takes him pretty much telling them that he's been banned previously then our beloved moderators mustn't be so bright considering his name is pretty much the same just with the added Alt. So I assume they allowed him back.
Aye ill take his word on it, i just recall seeing plenty of formerly banned members creating new accounts getting re-banned again aha
(Original post by AnonymousGuest)
In fairness to the point, poppies do technically come in many colours. I have a rather nice window box of Afghan poppies which are pink and purple on my windowsill .
with that being said this poppy is most definitely meant to symbolise the red ones that appeared on the fields of flanders, not some cockamamie rainbow thing.
They know I'm back, they let me return. I think just my name would have given me away by now :lol:
Ah fair enough
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I know that's why I said 'All of the poppies in question' are naturally red. Normally we buy the red artifical poppies because that's the most commom that grew on the fields.
mxhnoor.v
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Everything is centred around the LGBT community nowadays.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (19)
63.33%
No (11)
36.67%

Watched Threads