Morning Sickness.. not pregnant! Watch

minim
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I know morning sickness is common during pregnancy but I'm a guy so.. :p: .

Anyways, always when I have to eat breakfast (around 8-9AM) I have a feeling of sickness and I have to force myself to eat. I just had a boiled egg, slice of bread with cheese and some pate with two glasses of orange juice and now I still feel sick.
I have pretty healthy meals but sometimes our dinners are quite heavy as we have meat every night. For example, yesterday I had two sausages, carrots, mash, courgettes for dinner.

It occurs a lot of the time but now that I'm on holiday almost daily?? When I used to go to college I used to have breakfast a bit earlier around 7:30.

Go to the doctors? Uhh yeah.. both my parents are doctors and always get ignored when I start complaining about my health .

I'm not fat or obese, but on the contrary.. weigh 60kg and am 18. Has anyone had this sort of sickness before or can offer some advice from experience?
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would suggest just changing your eating routine.

I firmly beleive that no one shoul be forced to eat - Eat when you're hungry.
minim
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
I would suggest just changing your eating routine.

I firmly beleive that no one shoul be forced to eat - Eat when you're hungry.
I do feel hungry in the morning as I feel my stomach is empty but this feeling of sickness is making eating harder.
SpiritedAway
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yep. me. well, i used to. with me though it was anything from a bowl of cereal or a slice of toast. it turned out that i just didn't have the stomache to eat first thing in the morning.

but that's just me, i have such as weak stomach, i throw up at anything from the sight of water, mould on bread or anything disgusting really.

now you're on your holidays, try eating a bit later. maybe 10/11 am - so your body has had time to wake up properly. if this still doesn't work, maybe try cutting down on what you eat. it maybe that you're simply overeating. i mean, no offense but what you had for breakfast is just about the same for what i have for breakfast and dinner (midday meal). maybe just try having the egg (make it dippy and then you can have some dippy-soldiers ) or have the bread with all the toppings.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Prehaps have a drink when you wake up, to 'fill up' you stomach, and then eat a bit later.
Gaylei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a similar thing whislt I was at college, I used to have to force my self to eat because I constantly felt sick and I had a terrible upset stmoach, this lasted for about 3 years, the sickness went off but the bad cramps and awful poos ranging from hard to VERY soft. Then I got glandualr fever in my final year at uni and lost a stone in weight and felt much better (Ive put the weight back on now ) but Im much much better
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It does sound like a bit of a rich/big breakfast, for someone who is having issues with feeling sick in the morning

Why don't you try going a bit more basic for breakfast - toast with something - just for a few days to see if it helps any?

Personally, toast with some local honey (for my hayfever!) and a little orange juice is about all I can handle!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minim)
I know morning sickness is common during pregnancy but I'm a guy so.. :p: .

Anyways, always when I have to eat breakfast (around 8-9AM) I have a feeling of sickness and I have to force myself to eat. I just had a boiled egg, slice of bread with cheese and some pate with two glasses of orange juice and now I still feel sick.
I have pretty healthy meals but sometimes our dinners are quite heavy as we have meat every night. For example, yesterday I had two sausages, carrots, mash, courgettes for dinner.

It occurs a lot of the time but now that I'm on holiday almost daily?? When I used to go to college I used to have breakfast a bit earlier around 7:30.

Go to the doctors? Uhh yeah.. both my parents are doctors and always get ignored when I start complaining about my health .

I'm not fat or obese, but on the contrary.. weigh 60kg and am 18. Has anyone had this sort of sickness before or can offer some advice from experience?
Cheese and pate for breakfast :confused:

I would feel sick too!
Brinny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It could be your orange juice. The same thing used to happen to me, turns out it was from the acidity of the juice. It would make me sick to my stomach/cause me to throw up. I have eliminated it from my breakfast and problem solved!
minim
Rep:
?
Thanks for all the replies but remember the feeling of sickness is also before I eat anything.. I just wake up like that.

I'll try drinking water instead of orange juice from now on and see how it goes. I guess I try to have a big breakfast because I want to put on some weight as well.
yosrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take a pregnancy test - you might surprise yourself.
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eating breakfast is important, but you only need enough energy to last until lunch, when your real hunger probably kicks in. For me, a bowl of cereal suffices.
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well if you always have a breakfast like that which might not necessarily agree with you, your sick feeling could be carrying on, your body maybe associating waking up with the breakfast and not being so keen on it :p: Honestly, try something a bit more bland.

Really suggest trying to alter your breakfast routine. Your dinner for example doesn't sound too catastrophic - if you'd have said six sausages that might've set alarm bells ringing!

Other ideas -

It could be the orange juice.
It could be your stomach is just so empty you feel ill - what time do you have dinner the night before, what time are you then eating breakfast? Maybe this could be it actually - if you usually have breakfast earlier and now you're having it later you're feleing ill.
Try having a drink when you get up - just water - to settle your stomach a little.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.36%
No - but I will (21)
5.56%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (184)
48.68%

Watched Threads