How do I move forward? Despite all the setbacks Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay 2019 has been by far the most difficult year of my life. I lost my job in June and since then I've tried my hardest to look for a job in my field. Today I looked at myself real hard and realise that I lost so much weight due to stress and lack of eating. As I'm typing this I haven't had any food today because I've completely lost my appetite. I want to move forward in a positive way, today I got rejections from two interviews I attended within my field. My issue is I don't know what to do now and it has gotten so bad that I've email my old part time job company from years ago looking for work.

I gave up a lot for a job in the "finance" sector and I feel that I got very little in return. I feel like I'm almost starting all over again and I feel heartbroken as a result. I've lost friends and giving up on things that were once passionate to me. I graduated two years and you know I literally call my student support team to just ask for advice. I'm embarking on something new (I just don't know what that is), like a fresh start. I have an interview tomorrow for analyst role and project officer interview next week. I feel hurt in ways that words can't describe.
GCSEPANIC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time.

You are doing amazing, the fact that you are communicating with previous employers and uni shows you are practical. It is strong trait to have. I will definitely say DO NOT GIVE UP, keep looking at how far you came not how long you have to go. It’s okay to take couple steps back to go further later on, I hope your previous employer offers you work, while you search for the right role. As someone who is also searching for a job I like, I am finding less stressful, as I found a part time job ( I don’t enjoy it at all, but at least i can develop myself), I treat finding a job as “full time job”, I put in the hours and continue to do what I enjoy other times so I’m not consumed by it. Take it easy, eat well and exercise (or do something you enjoy). All the reaction you are receiving now will make you stronger and more greatful when you get it! Goodluck, wish you all the best!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by GCSEPANIC)
Hi!

I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time.

You are doing amazing, the fact that you are communicating with previous employers and uni shows you are practical. It is strong trait to have. I will definitely say DO NOT GIVE UP, keep looking at how far you came not how long you have to go. It’s okay to take couple steps back to go further later on, I hope your previous employer offers you work, while you search for the right role. As someone who is also searching for a job I like, I am finding less stressful, as I found a part time job ( I don’t enjoy it at all, but at least i can develop myself), I treat finding a job as “full time job”, I put in the hours and continue to do what I enjoy other times so I’m not consumed by it. Take it easy, eat well and exercise (or do something you enjoy). All the reaction you are receiving now will make you stronger and more greatful when you get it! Goodluck, wish you all the best!
Thank you! I can't give up I have to keep going and do my very best. I know you too will also find role you love.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi I got a seasonal retail job it's part time and I'm so grateful for it. It's only 24 hrs a week so I won't be able to paid my rent and would no longer qualify for universal credit. Any advice?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (15)
30%
Spring (8)
16%
Autumn/Fall (13)
26%
Winter (8)
16%
I love them all equally (6)
12%