E3student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought I wanted to do something economics related in the future and was going to pick maths related a levels. However recently I’ve been enjoying science (I’ve hated it until now). I’ve been considering chemistry and biology for a levels now but I’m worried that I may hate them again and regret my choices. If I picked sciences then I’d do something medical.
Chinggis
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you can change a levels in a few weeks of starting, if you can do taster sessions to see what they are like at the 6th form you want to go to, try and go to ones in every subject you have an interest in.
RAB2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most sixth forms and colleges will let you change subjects within the first few weeks so you can take something and if you find yourself hating it after a week or so you might be able to change.
Also taking a science A-level doesn't completely rule out economics subjects and often when you apply for science and medical degrees they prefer you to have A-level maths depending on the course.
Your best bet is talking to your teachers or if you can asking teachers wherever you want to do your alevA-le
MIRIMOO
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can always do maths, economics/geography and one of the sciences. You don't necessarily have to study medicine related. From what I see chemistry and bio are demanding (Chemistry is one of the hardest alevels).

I suggest you find the exam board you would do for chemistry and biology, and looking at what universities require for economics. You mainly need 1 or 2 required and the third and fourth are up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)