Another am I pregnant thread (sorry) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I feel pregnant, my stomach is going hard and i'm not bloated or constipated. I have been feeling sick and feel tired all the time. I'm on the pill microgynon 30 and have been for about 2 years. I would be about 3 months pregnant by now. when I had sex i missed a pill before hand and we didnt use condoms (stupid I know) My withdrawal bleeds have been lighter than normal but once contained some clots. I took a test a month ago and it was neg also took one before that which was also neg.

Paranoid?
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're still worried, take another test. But if you've taken 2 already it's pretty unlikely that you're pregnant, unless you took them too early.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you mean 'going hard'? I'm 18 weeks pregnant and my stomach is still normal and soft to the touch but I have a bump.

Sickness and tiredness are signs of pregnancy, however they can also be signs of a lot of other things such as fatigue or stress. Have you done a test recently?
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A friend's dad (who is a Doctor) told my friend that whilst you can get false positives, you can't get false negatives. Whilst I don't know how true that is, it is reassuring. The best thing to do, I would suggest, is to see a Doctor. Why not go to the Family Planning clinic? As they're specially trained they may seem less judgemental than your local surgery.
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If two tests came up as negative I'm sure thats what it is - do another test if you are still unsure, or go to your doctors or a famiily planning clinic and get a free one where you can also express your concerns to them.
The Hitchhiker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Take a test. The internet can't tell you!
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
A friend's dad (who is a Doctor) told my friend that whilst you can get false positives, you can't get false negatives. Whilst I don't know how true that is, it is reassuring. The best thing to do, I would suggest, is to see a Doctor. Why not go to the Family Planning clinic? As they're specially trained they may seem less judgemental than your local surgery.
Erm.. it's not true at all! Think you usually get 'false' negatives if they are taken too early though.
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why do people make threads like this... surely it'd be more productive to go get a test?
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See a doctor and they will test you for free, then you can stop worrying and also ask them about your symptoms at the same time.
Closer*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh my mum got a negative and im here! but i think your being paranoid. Your getting stressed and stress does have an effect on your period.. its a vicious circle im afraid. If your really worried id go to the doctors and find out for sure, but personally i think its all in your mind everything will be fine =]
Closer*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lofty)
Why do people make threads like this... surely it'd be more productive to go get a test?

because people want reassurance!
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friend got a negative in week 5 (estimated), and then got a nasty shock five months down the line when her doctor told her!
Phantom Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
My friend got a negative in week 5 (estimated), and then got a nasty shock five months down the line when her doctor told her!
See, there must a thousands-to-one chance of that happening, but because it happens to one person all of us live in fear :p: I was horrified when I first heard that you can get pregnant and carry on with your periods! No wonder people get frightened and make threads about it all the time.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
See, there must a thousands-to-one chance of that happening, but because it happens to one person all of us live in fear :p: I was horrified when I first heard that you can get pregnant and carry on with your periods! No wonder people get frightened and make threads about it all the time.
The doctor said it was very very rare to get a negative that late, and was probably a faulty test kit. :P
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
OP, if its any consilation they sound like side effects to the pill, because I have had a bloated stomach since going on the pill and I often feel tired and get the sickness in the mornings - I know full well that im not pregnant as I haven't been sexually active for almost a year! :ninja: Also my withdrawal bleeds are getting lighter as well.

If its reassurance you want, go and buy another test, visit the GUM or go and see your GP.
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are probabaly just paranoid, and taking anything a little abnormal as a sign of pregnancy. Do what someone else suggested and visit a family planning clinic for reassurance and advice about contraception.
Phantom Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
The doctor said it was very very rare to get a negative that late, and was probably a faulty test kit. :P
Ah, but I am highly irrational and will not accept reason. It's possible and that's enough for panic when I'm late! :ashy:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
A friend's dad (who is a Doctor) told my friend that whilst you can get false positives, you can't get false negatives.
You've got it the wrong was around. You can get false negatives, but not a false positive due to the amount of HCG needed in your body to give a positive result.
Charlottie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Actually I've not, he must have. As I said, I'm only reporting what he said, and as I said I don't know, but this came about as a result of said friend taking a test, getting a negative, and asking her dad who told her it was fine as you can't get false negatives, only false positives. Perhaps he was trying to reassure her, or perhaps she misunderstood him, but as I said, only reporting. Like I said though, the OP should just go to the FP Clinic to put her mind at rest.
Laursy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
can't you sometimes get phantom syptoms?? i have had these, where my body has convinced its self im pregnant but actully wasn't i think it was coz im such a stress head anyway that i stressed myself out soo much,

and also ive heard of cases where the test comes out positive and there is no baby (eg like whats going on in neighbours now)

also if the test is negative, it could be a number of things, i stupidly did a test wrong dunno how but there was no read on it,

to reasure yourself you should take a few more tests and spread them out do one weekly for like 2 weeks, it is really scary stuff tho, pregnancy scares!!

im prob not very helpful sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise