Need some advice about workplace bullying Watch

This discussion is closed.
bigbarry69balls
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys I'm doing an apprenticeship in Bricklaying and on site I'm always being bullied. It's not even banter. It started off with some simple jokes and now I'm having bricks thrown at me, cement poured down my pants, thrown in my face, daubed on my possessions and lately they went as far as all picking me up and putting me in a cement mixer (it wasn't on and they never turned it on, but kept threating me with that) and they just left me there all day. During that time they stole my phone, somehow gained access to it and sent everyone pictures of me in the mixer and also pictures of some weird stuff. I ain't going into it. I want to leave the workplace, but there's no work about in my area. What do I do?
CelqOne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Best to report it to your employer to see if they care. But really you should leave that employer and find else where. Don’t know your area sorry, but if no job available then you’re going to have to commute or relocate. A bit obvious but that’s what I would do. People won’t change easily, so putting up with them won’t help either.
hi2u_uk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im amazed adults can behave like this , i dont know anything about bricklaying industry but in most workplaces you would be able to sue and personally i would seek legal advice after telling your manager that you arent happy about having all these things done to you. I'm very surprised though if your manager didnt notice things like this e.g. that you had cement poured down your trousers etc .
CelqOne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hi2u_uk)
Im amazed adults can behave like this , i dont know anything about bricklaying industry but in most workplaces you would be able to sue and personally i would seek legal advice after telling your manager that you arent happy about having all these things done to you. I'm very surprised though if your manager didnt notice things like this e.g. that you had cement poured down your trousers etc .
That kind of industry is very rough. Adults aren’t adults these days. They aren’t afraid to pick a person in the entire group for everyone make fun and bully just for the sake of entertainment or vent any frustration. In fact, most managers in the entire world are self fish and won’t give a damn about you. So yeah work life can be rough and adults can be pathetic.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What a name to choose.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bigbarry69balls)
Hey guys I'm doing an apprenticeship in Bricklaying and on site I'm always being bullied. It's not even banter. It started off with some simple jokes and now I'm having bricks thrown at me, cement poured down my pants, thrown in my face, daubed on my possessions and lately they went as far as all picking me up and putting me in a cement mixer (it wasn't on and they never turned it on, but kept threating me with that) and they just left me there all day. During that time they stole my phone, somehow gained access to it and sent everyone pictures of me in the mixer and also pictures of some weird stuff. I ain't going into it. I want to leave the workplace, but there's no work about in my area. What do I do?
I did an apprenticeship like that before. I ended up giving a bro job to a few of the guys which resulted in them stopping.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
My account got banned. My name is far from mature, however I don't want to be exposed by them. Basically the manager doesn't really care, he said he'd speak to them, but apparently according to the only decent guy there he just laughed and said 'I don't care, he's a little puff'. I had to endure another day of this.
gillygoo_2002
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My dad is a bricklayer, has been for over 20 years. He says look elsewhere as this work can be picked up anywhere, especially if you're self-employed. This shouldn't be happening on a properly run site. Leave.
Nevergiveup*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bigbarry69balls)
Report to Acas
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My account got banned. My name is far from mature, however I don't want to be exposed by them. Basically the manager doesn't really care, he said he'd speak to them, but apparently according to the only decent guy there he just laughed and said 'I don't care, he's a little puff'. I had to endure another day of this.
You got banned for being a known troll.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (15)
28.85%
Spring (9)
17.31%
Autumn/Fall (14)
26.92%
Winter (8)
15.38%
I love them all equally (6)
11.54%