Dxxle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In all my 3 A levels I’ve been getting Bs and some As in some exams. In my September mocks I got 3 Bs. However, my ucas predicted grades are ABB. I need AAB to get into Queen Mary and my teachers are not changing my grades. I had a mental breakdown as I’ve been revising hard to only get predicted a B in psychology, the same grade as my friend, who’s been getting Us in every single exam. A b isn’t a bad grade but not enough to get me into my top university. What do I do? I’m so sure I will get higher grades in my real exams, so should I go through adjustment or try and persuade the teachers more? I’m so confused please help
RAB2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely ask your teachers and whoever is in charge of UCAS and references at your sixth form. They may still consider your application even if it doesn't quite meet their grades.
Also your grades are far from bad, as bad as it may seem you can definitely still get into a good uni with them.
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAB2018)
Definitely ask your teachers and whoever is in charge of UCAS and references at your sixth form. They may still consider your application even if it doesn't quite meet their grades.
Also your grades are far from bad, as bad as it may seem you can definitely still get into a good uni with them.
Okay I’ll try again. Thankyou for replying
keatsian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could possibly ask if you could retake an exam to see if you can achieve a higher grade. My school offered this to some students who were unhappy with their predicted grades. It does sound very unfair that students getting much lower grades than you are being offered the same predictions, and an A is not a massive step up from a B in your mocks. Whatever you do remember that ABB are still fantastic grades that can get you into so many great universities and please take time to be kind to yourself and your mental health.
l2bunny
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ask your head of year
cheerIeader
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A girl at my sixth form got CCC and got predicted A*AA.

But our UCAS referee is sweet.
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheerIeader)
A girl at my sixth form got CCC and got predicted A*AA.

But our UCAS referee is sweet.
So lucky
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by keatsian)
You could possibly ask if you could retake an exam to see if you can achieve a higher grade. My school offered this to some students who were unhappy with their predicted grades. It does sound very unfair that students getting much lower grades than you are being offered the same predictions, and an A is not a massive step up from a B in your mocks. Whatever you do remember that ABB are still fantastic grades that can get you into so many great universities and please take time to be kind to yourself and your mental health.
Thankyou so much and okay I’ll give it a try but I doubt it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)