Sore Throat Watch

*Fool'sGold*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Urgh, I've had a sore throat ever since saturday night. It came on quite suddenly really, and I assumed it would just go away, but it hasn't!

It seems to sort of come in waves. I was eating toast this morning and wincing as I swallowed, but now it's just an annoying pain when I swallow. It was really hurting yesterday to talk, so I took painkillers. I don't want to take them again though cos it's not like a REALLY bad pain.

I'm just not really sure why I have it, because I'm not ill in any other way. I don't have a cold or anything. Sometimes I get it when I'm tired, after a night out or something but this came on when I was in a restaurant with friends (and yeah, we did go out after) but it hasn't gone away!

I'm annoyed cos I have my driving test this afternoon and I don't want to be wincing every time I swallow. Plus we have no painkillers in the house. GRRRR.

What could be a reason for a really random sore throat and no other symptoms (so far)?
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What does it look like in there? Get a little torch and have a looksie!

There are things that star off by just affecting the throat - strep throat being one.

Red spots on the back of your throat could be an indication of strep. White ones too, though white ones on the tonsils can indicate tonsilitis itself, or just another infection that your body is fighting in there.

A lot of sore throats are caused by viruses rather than bacteria, in which case there's not a lot you can do to completely get rid. However I suggest going to the doctor if it doesn't get better in a couple of days or so! That tends to be the recommendation :p:

No chance you could go to a pharmacy or something before your driving test? Painkillers; gargling with aspirin helps. Or get some Strepsils to soothe it. Gargling with TCP (diluted, don't swallow) too. And then there's these numbing sprays which are really good.
lincs_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sometimes I get a sore throat after eating, I suppose it is the throat getting irritated. Have you tried stepsils or throaties?
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try garlgling asprin or aspro-clear! Failing that, drink plenty of fluids - its not a cold coming on, is it? May be the first signs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads