Feel like I’m failing uni already Watch

Kai9229
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In first year of uni and have just had to give in my first essay which is between 20-30% of one of the 5 modules I have.
I feel like I’ve pretty much ****ed it up as it’s probably one of the worst essays I’ve ever written and I had to give it in late as I wouldn’t have finished it in time for the deadline so I’ve lost between 10-20 marks for that and tbh I don’t really care as even if I had those extra marks I would have still have done badly.
It’s just gone wrong from the start as the idea of choosing to do an essay on pretty much whatever topic I want is stressful for me. It took me slightly more than 2 out of the 3 weeks we had to do the essay to even come up with a question.
If all my essays are going to be like this I just wanna drop out right now because there’s no way I’m gonna get good grades at this rate.
Also my situations kind of hard because I’m doing a foundation year at a uni I currently hate and want to move to a uni in a bigger city but they all require a 1st or a high 2:1 to transfer uni so I’m basically very unmotivated now as I feel like I’m either gonna have to leave uni or stay at the one I’m at now which like I said I hate.
Last edited by Kai9229; 1 week ago
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everyone's first essay is ****. There's plenty of time and plenty of opportunity (and hopefully plenty of help) to improve. What module was it that had you do an essay on whatever topic you wanted?
Kai9229
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yeah I feel a bit better knowing this is only one out of five modules.It’s a module called introduction to humanities but we learn more about essay writing tequiniques etc in the seminars (tbh I don’t get the point of the module as we don’t learn anything technically) We do stuff like how to debate on topics and presentations as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
18.28%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.53%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.08%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (4)
2.15%
No unconditional offers (132)
70.97%

Watched Threads