mahdiwael
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How is life at Aberdeen university? And would u recommend coventry or Aberdeen?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mahdiwael)
Coventry and Aberdeen are pretty much on opposite ends of the country. You need to pay both areas a visit.
mahdiwael
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
Coventry and Aberdeen are pretty much on opposite ends of the country. You need to pay both areas a visit.
The problem that I’m an international student so I’m not in UK, I’m still reading about the life in both of them
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The problem that I’m an international student so I’m not in UK, I’m still reading about the life in both of them
Even more important for you to visit then, given the cost of international fees.
mahdiwael
Rep:
?
It would be difficult since I need visa and I can’t get it unless I have a study program
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I cannot talk about Coventry, but I really enjoy studying in Aberdeen. The uni is very inclusive, there are always lots of events going on, but what you should probably consider first is the difference in English and Scottish degrees.

Scottish Bachelors take 4 years, in England they generally take 3. In Scotland, the first year is for trying out different subjects and disciplines. For example, I applied to study Sociology, but in your first year you have to take additional courses, so I chose English Literature, Anthropology, and French. Turns out, I really love Anthropology so I changed my degree to joint honours Sociology and Anthropology. In England, you don't have that flexibility.

So if you are 100% sure what you want to study and you only want to do three years, choose Coventry. If you maybe want to try different courses as well and you don't mind the extra year, go to Aberdeen.

I can also really recommend you to take a look at the "@studyinaberdeen" Instagram account. It's run by a student and they talk about all sorts of things, such as academics, student life, etc. They also have a "A day in a life of an Aberdeen Uni student" and are super helpful. So check them out. Maybe Coventry has something similar
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.41%
Labour (379)
50.74%
Liberal Democrats (104)
13.92%
Green Party (38)
5.09%
Brexit Party (10)
1.34%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.4%
SNP (14)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.4%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.8%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.54%
UKIP (8)
1.07%
Other (5)
0.67%
None (27)
3.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise