sick and tired of constantly dieting and calorie counting. thinking of giving up Watch

blitterflicker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm not obese but I am overweight. I've been calorie counting since February of this year and managed to loose 1 and a half stone in July. After July I began eating bad again since I started to have "Cheat days" for my birthday and friends birthdays as well as holidays abroad. I have put on about 0.8 stones since the summer because I went crazy once I started to eat foods I couldn't eat for almost half a year.

I've tried to go back and keep failing since because tbh I'm exhausted of watching what I eat and calorie counting and not seeing good enough results now. I've literally been trying since Febaury and haven't really got anywhere considering I only lost 1 and a half stone maximum after 9 months of thinking about healthy eating and calories. I'm just exhausted, and I really really want to lose weight and be in shape. It's so important to me but I'm really starting to give up. It's so hard.

I am an endomorph by bone structure so it is already more difficult than the average person for me to loose weight
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by blitterflicker)
I am an endomorph by bone structure so it is already more difficult than the average person for me to loose weight
that's got to be an excuse right? the shape of your body doesn't affect, or doesn't affect significantly, the rate at which your body uses food up

sure if your mostly muscle you'll be burning more calories but the solution has got to be eat less sugar and carbohydrate and exercise more
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
that's got to be an excuse right? the shape of your body doesn't affect, or doesn't affect significantly, the rate at which your body uses food up

sure if your mostly muscle you'll be burning more calories but the solution has got to be eat less sugar and carbohydrate and exercise more

wasnt an excuse it was a side note because our bodies are all different and some people struggle more than others. If it was an excuse I wouldn't have even tried to loose weight for so long to begin with. forgot how stuck up people on this stupid site are
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wasnt an excuse it was a side note because our bodies are all different and some people struggle more than others. If it was an excuse I wouldn't have even tried to loose weight for so long to begin with. forgot how stuck up people on this stupid site are
that doesn't mean it's not an excuse

if it worked for you once, even if it was tough, it'll work for you again
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
that doesn't mean it's not an excuse

if it worked for you once, even if it was tough, it'll work for you again
so mentioning a valid fact to do with the current topic is now an excuse? it does mean its not an excuse. it's not an excuse unless it is purely used as a reason not to carry on which it isnt. My reasoning for not wanting to carry on is the fact that I've worked my ass off since febaury and really getting depressed with the fact that not much progress has been made
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not obese but I am overweight. I've been calorie counting since February of this year and managed to loose 1 and a half stone in July. After July I began eating bad again since I started to have "Cheat days" for my birthday and friends birthdays as well as holidays abroad. I have put on about 0.8 stones since the summer because I went crazy once I started to eat foods I couldn't eat for almost half a year.

I've tried to go back and keep failing since because tbh I'm exhausted of watching what I eat and calorie counting and not seeing good enough results now. I've literally been trying since Febaury and haven't really got anywhere considering I only lost 1 and a half stone maximum after 9 months of thinking about healthy eating and calories. I'm just exhausted, and I really really want to lose weight and be in shape. It's so important to me but I'm really starting to give up. It's so hard.

Have you thought of paying for a personal trainer? Dieting alone isnt enough, you will also need to exercise. A personal trainer is great to have as they can make a workout schedule, give lots of helpful pointers, dieting tips as well as be available for support whenever you have any questions (all of which will be specifically tailored towards you).
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Have you thought of paying for a personal trainer? Dieting alone isnt enough, you will also need to exercise. A personal trainer is great to have as they can make a workout schedule, give lots of helpful pointers, dieting tips as well as be available for support whenever you have any questions (all of which will be specifically tailored towards you).
ah, dont have the money. I'm a student so for now that's definitely a no. I have tried insanity and had done so for 3 weeks but again had gone on holiday twice this year and hadn't been able to keep it up for too long.
Akiba mata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Eat only what’s necessary for your body.
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Big mistake to PURLEY diet.. You need to do a load of Cardio aswell.. It will make you feel sick and you want to give up.. But if you want to look healthy and avoid a load of health problems to live longer... I would get a move on.. No excuses..
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Exactly...

blitterflicker
Name:  EndoMorph.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  173.7 KB
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Exactly...

blitterflicker
Name:  EndoMorph.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  173.7 KB
"Exactly"- doesn't prove much. I stated it's more difficult to loose weight based on my body type NOT that u cant loose weight at all. It's easy to build muscle but also easy to gain fat. If you lot actually read things properly instead of waiting to win petty arguments on here we might just get somewhere.

But since we are on the topic... did you want a sticker for the effort you put in *trying* to look knowledgable?
Last edited by blitterflicker; 6 days ago
kkboyk
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
ah, dont have the money. I'm a student so for now that's definitely a no. I have tried insanity and had done so for 3 weeks but again had gone on holiday twice this year and hadn't been able to keep it up for too long.
Do you have a gym membership or know someone who would be willing to share theres? Lifting weights is the best for losing weight. You could use popular workout plans online such as bodybuilding forum, as well as youtube tutorials to learn how to do particular exercises. There are also a lot of youtubers who share their own workout regime and offer tips (like this guy, who's one of my fave).

fort he first month you're probably gonna struggle a lot in getting used to it and doing certain exercises efficiently, but once you find a workout plan that works for your body; doing more research and reading then stick to it, challenge yourself then you should start seeing results.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
"Exactly"- doesn't prove much. I stated it's more difficult to loose weight based on my body type NOT that u cant loose weight at all. It's easy to build muscle but also easy to gain fat. If you lot actually read things properly instead of waiting to win petty arguments on here we might just get somewhere.

But since we are on the topic... did you want a sticker for the effort you put in *trying* to look knowledgable?
Listen.. You came to TSR with a problem... TSR is saying that the only way to solve it is by motivating yourself to diet and exercise... I showed you a picture which shows how it is possible to do so... Stop getting angry at us for trying to help and help yourself... I am pretty muscular for my age tbh.. I know what I am doing, so I am not trying to win petty arguments because it isnt one.. you want us all to say "awww" "its ok to give up".. But it isnt.. get off your lazy butt and work... Stop looking for excuses... Then maybe you can get a sticker for some effort
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Be fat then. We can't change you, only you can
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Diets don’t work and calorie counting will make you miserable and sap the joy out of life. Make small changes that you’ll be able to sustain.
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Listen.. You came to TSR with a problem... TSR is saying that the only way to solve it is by motivating yourself to diet and exercise... I showed you a picture which shows how it is possible to do so... Stop getting angry at us for trying to help and help yourself... I am pretty muscular for my age tbh.. I know what I am doing, so I am not trying to win petty arguments because it isnt one.. you want us all to say "awww" "its ok to give up".. But it isnt.. get off your lazy butt and work... Stop looking for excuses... Then maybe you can get a sticker for some effort
again here you go with that pathetic attitude again. I asked for ways to help me work this out. Not to find excuses you idiot. How does one draw such a stupid conclusion out of all this? dont bother responding. I dont want your help
blitterflicker
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Do you have a gym membership or know someone who would be willing to share theres? Lifting weights is the best for losing weight. You could use popular workout plans online such as bodybuilding forum, as well as youtube tutorials to learn how to do particular exercises. There are also a lot of youtubers who share their own workout regime and offer tips (like this guy, who's one of my fave).

fort he first month you're probably gonna struggle a lot in getting used to it and doing certain exercises efficiently, but once you find a workout plan that works for your body; doing more research and reading then stick to it, challenge yourself then you should start seeing results.
Thank you for this. Finally a something helpful.
Brightonmama
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think the biggest lesson in life is to learn to love yourself whatever size you are. Dieting doesn't work. Accepting yourself does. Look at Bodiposanda on Instagram. Look at all the Body Positive movements right now. Learning to listen to your body's hunger cues is the best way to eat. Google Intuitive Eating groups. A plant based diet will probably help to stop cravings. Regular exercise will boost your mental health. Look for balance in all things and stop beating yourself up. I say this as someone who serially dieted when I was young. I lost the weight then I piled it back on over and over again. Terrible for the body. There's so much pressure to look a certain way. Be part of the movement that rejects that body fascism. Treat yourself with love.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
counting calories is imo the saddest thing you can do with food, diet and control portions (but still of a healthy amount to nourish you for the day) and joining a gym, but counting every calorie as you’re experiencing sucks the joy out of food
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
again here you go with that pathetic attitude again. I asked for ways to help me work this out. Not to find excuses you idiot. How does one draw such a stupid conclusion out of all this? dont bother responding. I dont want your help
I told you the only way to lose weight and look aesthetic is if you diet AND EXERCISE... Pathetic attitude? I think not.. I then showed you a picture of how your body could look if you exercise and how being an Endomorph just requires commitment.. YES you easily gain more weight... But if you just eat healthily, not a problem... You then replied as if I have offended you.. Nobody will become motivated unless someone firm tells you to get up... The users above have provided very good sources but the real sollution to getting better is you.. You slacked off once due to cheat days and gained more weight.. It can easily happen again.. Unless someone tells the truth that if you don't get into shape... You could have health problems... Not a stupid conclusion... It's the truth... If you think the truth is stupid then please continue...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (56)
18.67%
Labour (120)
40%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.33%
Green Party (22)
7.33%
Brexit Party (8)
2.67%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.33%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.67%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)