Where to go from here? Computer Science Graduate Watch

AxleCat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I finished my degree in Computer Science with a 2:1 in May/June time. I started towards doing a PGCE, but I'm starting to realize it isn't for me and am in the process of withdrawing from the course. Now I'm looking for work in something like IT support, market research, admin or some kind of office work, just to help me get by and give me more experience.

Despite my decent grade in my degree, I'm not a huge fan of programming and I'm not really compotent at it. So I'm trying to get ideas on what I can use my Computer Science degree for that isn't strictly programming or software development. Something where I can work up from a junior position if I wish to. Currently spending my time searching through LinkedIn and Indeed for interesting positions but the one's I am interested in feel like they're way out of reach, due to my lack of experience. Just looking for thoughts on what I should try next and what anyone in a similar situation previously did.
zxvs
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AxleCat)
So, I finished my degree in Computer Science with a 2:1 in May/June time. I started towards doing a PGCE, but I'm starting to realize it isn't for me and am in the process of withdrawing from the course. Now I'm looking for work in something like IT support, market research, admin or some kind of office work, just to help me get by and give me more experience.

Despite my decent grade in my degree, I'm not a huge fan of programming and I'm not really compotent at it. So I'm trying to get ideas on what I can use my Computer Science degree for that isn't strictly programming or software development. Something where I can work up from a junior position if I wish to. Currently spending my time searching through LinkedIn and Indeed for interesting positions but the one's I am interested in feel like they're way out of reach, due to my lack of experience. Just looking for thoughts on what I should try next and what anyone in a similar situation previously did.
https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/early...e-leaders.html

2:1 is more than ‘decent’ btw. You should be proud of yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (212)
70.67%
No I haven't decided yet (55)
18.33%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
11%

Watched Threads