Which oven do you use? Watch

Xymox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I'm going to buy the new oven so I would like to hear about the models you use, their advantages or disadvantages, also their prices. Thanks in advance.
1st superstar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Xymox)
I'm going to buy the new oven so I would like to hear about the models you use, their advantages or disadvantages, also their prices. Thanks in advance.
I use gas electric (it's a gas oven where you don't need to replace the gas) but here's a useful link: https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/free...ectric-cookers
DiddyDecAlt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
All you need is an electric oven with a grill. If you want to splash out on one that warms up quicker you can be even the most basic oven works perfectly fine.
NeonSun
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
There are so many types of them now and all of them usually have all basic functions so your main criteria while making the choice will be its quality, brand and price.
You also need to choose between gas and electric ovens. The gas ones are more expensive for buying but cheaper while regular using. These ovens are also perfect for casseroles and roasts because they're less drying than the electric ones. It's also one of main differences for them in cooking.
The electric ones also are divided into conduction and convection ovens. The first ones heat from the bottom up and the second ones have heat circulation with a fan in the back and are designed to make the temperature within the oven more even.
There are also such types as single (more widespread models) and double ovens https://pickadvisor.org/best-double-oven , self-cleaning, roaster, with warming drawer, proof mode and so on.
James Smith 90
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Xymox)
I used to have a gas oven but now have electric, seriously it was the worst mistake ever...stick to gas the results are massively different, electric doesn't give you the same taste or texture
ericl3ung
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I use an electric oven
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (133)
53.85%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12.15%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.79%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.62%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.29%