The Student Room Group

Low IQ

I tired to apply for universities this year but I wasn't accepted so I had to take a year off. I recently found out that I have a low IQ level. I have never been good in my studies. Now I'm afraid I cannot do anything in my life. What should I do? I want to go to a university and get a degree. What subjects should I take?
Anon, please do not believe this iq rubbish!!!!

I went to a careers centre and they told me I had a very low iq and would never get to any uni.

I ended up at Manchester uni. So I am a living example that the iq test only tests a narrow skill set and you shouldn’t let it define you.

Take heart , op. You have my love and best wishes xx
Ps you should go and study the subject that fires your heart . This may not be a uni course. One of my son’s friends wasn’t very academic, but was very good at woodwork. He ended up with a very successful furniture business and pals about with lord linley
Original post by Anonymous
I tired to apply for universities this year but I wasn't accepted so I had to take a year off. I recently found out that I have a low IQ level. I have never been good in my studies. Now I'm afraid I cannot do anything in my life. What should I do? I want to go to a university and get a degree. What subjects should I take?

When you say 'I found out'... please don't say you mean via an online test. :facepalm:

IQ, as Oxford Mum said, isn't a good holistic measure. If you let it define you, then you'll just make yourself miserable.

What do you want to study at university? What career would you like to work towards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending