which books are best for self teaching aqa a level law and economics Watch

gloomyseb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Due to my mental health getting worse, i have recently dropped out of college where i was doing a btec in medical science. I am going to start doing law and economics a level at home and was wondering which books or resources would be best to help me learn, thank you.
meganbarnett
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by gloomyseb)
Due to my mental health getting worse, i have recently dropped out of college where i was doing a btec in medical science. I am going to start doing law and economics a level at home and was wondering which books or resources would be best to help me learn, thank you.
I used a revision guide called "My Revision Notes: AQA A-Level Law" written by Craig Beauman and Clare Wilson. It was really helpful for revision purposes, gives a good overall view and summary of the topics and it's written for the new specification (I did my A-Levels in June 2019 using this book). I still think you might need more substantive books for the individual topics but this book really helped me out. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help
WinterKuma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
For A Level econ I recommend tutor2u, econplusdal (Youtube), economicshelp, economicsonline and khanacademy though try to prioritise the first two. I bought the tutor2u example essays and found them very useful. I've heard that the econplusdal packs are helpful as well. Though I had the AQA approved textbooks and revision guides, I didn't use them as much as they provide either too much or insufficient information. Also subscribe to the FT and TE.

My main advice is, make lots and lots of essay plans! Often, questions are topical and you can even guess what could come up just by keeping up with current affairs. I correctly predicted some questions haha, though they were just a select few of the 20 plans I hastily made during exam season, so start early. Many students tend to ignore the application aspect or leave it too late so read news complementary to your studies. I suggest going through this FT page as you learn new concepts and try to answer the follow up questions. This should help with all 4 key components -- knowledge, application, analysis, evaluation.

https://www.ft.com/content/826a890e-...2-e46f43c5825d

Good luck! I'm happy to answer questions should you have any
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (54)
18.31%
Labour (117)
39.66%
Liberal Democrats (61)
20.68%
Green Party (22)
7.46%
Brexit Party (8)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.36%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.69%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)