K444mml
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
When shall i start revising for my GCSE’s, the senior teachers believe we should be revising now (November 2019) but im worried that i will forget it by then. Also what kind of revision techniques are good and work for alot of people?
mass63
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K444mml)
When shall i start revising for my GCSE’s, the senior teachers believe we should be revising now (November 2019) but im worried that i will forget it by then. Also what kind of revision techniques are good and work for alot of people?
Hi . I am a parent of two former GCSE students so I have some experiences. My suggestion to you is first to focus fully on understanding the contents. Second to do a lot of end of topic questions. If you have a mock exam before Christmas then you can have ago on past papers with intension to get as many questions done correctly as possible ( best efforts) and then learn your mistakes from the questions you did not do well. The mock exam is a reality check so you must take it very seriously. I bought my son all the GCSE books under the sun he needed ( 20 of both to be honest) some of them were " grade 8 -9" level. Your understanding of each subject must be evolving as you come closer to the real GCSE exam. It is more of a marathon then a sprint so a lot of hard work and patience is needed. You must use all the web based recourses you get your hands on. Always remember practice make perfect and if you are motivated enough then you will succeed. My son was not motivated at all but made the efforts because I gave him a great deal of support during year 11 even in daily basis.
All the best.
K444mml
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mass63)
Hi . I am a parent of two former GCSE students so I have some experiences. My suggestion to you is first to focus fully on understanding the contents. Second to do a lot of end of topic questions. If you have a mock exam before Christmas then you can have ago on past papers with intension to get as many questions done correctly as possible ( best efforts) and then learn your mistakes from the questions you did not do well. The mock exam is a reality check so you must take it very seriously. I bought my son all the GCSE books under the sun he needed ( 20 of both to be honest) some of them were " grade 8 -9" level. Your understanding of each subject must be evolving as you come closer to the real GCSE exam. It is more of a marathon then a sprint so a lot of hard work and patience is needed. You must use all the web based recourses you get your hands on. Always remember practice make perfect and if you are motivated enough then you will succeed. My son was not motivated at all but made the efforts because I gave him a great deal of support during year 11 even in daily basis.
All the best.
Thank you👍🏽
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (99)
70.71%
No I haven't decided yet (26)
18.57%
Yes but I might change my mind (15)
10.71%

Watched Threads